Ch 11 Pack it Up

Jackson's POV.

"Ok... so either pack up for school, or meet her father and uncle." I say to myself while Ruby changes in the bathroom.

Deciding to meditate on it, which Uncle Laffe said would help understand my semblance, a rare vision formulates.

Opening my eyes, I see I'm in some form of spirit world, but there's someone in front of me.

"Hello Descendent."

"W-What?" I say confused

Was I in some way related to this being. The being itself seemed male, a burly large figure who was ripped beyond belief.

"I said hello Descendant! Damn kids these days..." he mumbled that last bit.

"O-Oh, hello.... Ancestor?"

"Correct. I am of the first group to have this hereditary semblance."

"Some of?"

"Think of it as the Schnee Semblance."

"Ok... but why are you telling me this?" I ask

"Because here is where you shall learn to increase how far back you can go. And how many you can summon."

"How far back? Does that mean you're gonna teach me how to use this semblance?" I ask looking around

"Ah So my descendants aren't entirely stupid." He states

"That wasn't necessary."

"Yea it was." He responded.

"So what are you gonna tell me?"

"You're gonna need some training to fully use this power. At our strongest we could fully resurrect someone, at an extreme cost of energy."

"Resurrection?! Atlas..."

"Is fucking high." He responds looking in my eyes

"You're girl is waiting for you. Goodbye Last Quinn."

And with that I left the spiritual realm. Looking around for Ruby who just got out the bathroom.

Standing up from the bed, I grab the Tailcoat and slide it over me. Realizing I still don't have socks on, I slide the sneakers on before grabbing my scroll and dialing Uncle Laffe.

Ruby, seeing my back turned, jumped onto my back. Grabbing my scroll and holding it to my ear, while I hold her up.

"Hey Uncle Laffe! Do you want a new blacksmith?"

"Of course! But why?... what did you do!" He asks with shock

"Pack up the important stuff, and my things. We're going back to Beacon!" I say as I walk to the door.

Attempting to open said door, failing as Ruby easily opens it.

"So when am I meeting your Uncle?" I ask as she's on a call

"Now." She responds casually.

Besides the undying fear that just embedded itself in my soul, I took that better than expected.

"What?"

"They're outside, both are different" She states nonchalantly.

Walking towards the exit, Ruby hops off my back, and grabs my hand. It may have been drastically shaking

"It's gonna be ok... are you mumbling?"

"And it's windy weather boys stormy weather boys, for when the wind blows we're all together..." I mumble sing my safety song.

Taking a deep breath and walking out of the building I see two men.

One was blonde, with scraggly hair. He had blue eyes, with brown cargo shorts with a dark brown belt, black shoes, a red bandana on his left arm, and a brown leather vest over a tan dress shirt with the right sleeve cut off. He wears a metal spaulder, leather vambrace, and a brown fingerless glove, all on his right arm.

The other had graying black, spiky hair, red eyes, and slight stubble along his jawline. With a red, tattered cloak, he wears a gray dress shirt with a long tail, black dress pants, and black dress shoes.

He also wears a ring on his right index finger, two other rings on his right ring finger, and a necklace with a crooked cross-shaped pendant.

The blonde one looks at me accusingly before holding his hand.

"I'm Taiyang, Ruby's Dad. You are?"

The other holds his hand up, before stepping towards me. Leaning up to me, he sniffs me.

Dawning a look of shock, I look at him.

"I'm Qrow, good choice." He states before holding his hand out.

Shaking both their hands, "I'm Jackson."

Tai continues to look at me accusingly, which terrifies me.

My eyes glow scarlet as a figure takes shape. Standing there was Perceval Quinn.

He stood with his sword pointed at Taiyang's neck. Qrow begins to go to draw his weapon.

"Don't try it." A female voice says as a gun is aimed at his head

Stood there was a woman, short orangish hair held up in a bun. Her eyes were a bit reddish, with a clear look to injure.

She wore a black tee shirt with a long cloak, a red dress skirt, and high boots. Her armor consisted of jagged pauldrons, sleek vambraces, a light chest plate, and chin guards.

"Sorry! It kinda just happens when I'm overly scared!" I say quickly, "this is my mother Cherry, and father Perceval."

They exchange greetings before my parents put away their weapons and look at Ruby.

Now it's Ruby's turn to shy up, only for my mother to laugh.

"You picked just like your father! Only he chose a slut! I like this girl, she's so pretty!" Cherry says in a Scottish accent.

Ruby begins Laughing as Perceval joins in, remembering old days.

"Well I gotta go pack," I begin before Ruby talks to mom

"I'm Ruby! It's nice to meet you Mrs Quinn!" She states gleefully before we depart as my parents began to disintegrate.