Adventures In Love

Ever since the apocalypse had started in the backyard, it was impossible to go on any adventures. Because of the acid rain, wherever Tyrone went he had to make sure there was a barrier from the sky. He was making his way under some scaffolding when suddenly he felt a sharp pain. "FOCK" Tyrone yelped and leaped for more cover. A couple drops of rain had landed on his antler. Having antlers that stick out wherever he went really wasn't convenient in the backyard-pocalypse. Tyrone was still gasping with pain when Austin came up to him, looking sympathetic and concerned.
Ever since the apocalypse started in 2009, when the backyardigans stopped airing, Austin had become the stealthiest of all of them. He was lean and muscular, his once shiny smooth purple fur was dusty and knotted. He had long since abandoned his T-shirt and overalls for a full suit of titanium armor with a wife beater tank top underneath. Although it embarrassed Tyrone, he often though about what was under that sweat stained wife beater, or what Austin's fur felt like after a long day of hunting for the few plants that could survive the rain and still be eaten.
Everyone had settled into a role that helped them survive, Austin was the hunter, Tyrone was the guard, Uniqua was the medic, and Pablo and Tasha were in charge of procreating as often as they could to create offspring who would live through the apocalypse. So far they were on their 31st child, and Tasha was in her 2nd trimester. Tyrone kind of felt bad for Pablo, because after 31 children, Tasha was not a thicc queen like she used to be.
"Hey, are you alright?" Austin asked, placing a surprisingly gentle hand on Tyrone's shoulder. Austin had a deep voice with an Australian accent. Many a night Tyrone would be lulled to sleep by the muffled noises of Austin and Uniqua discussing survival strategies, forgetting the stressors of life and allowing himself to dream of a place where Austin and him could be together.
"I-I'm fine," Tyrone stuttered, overwhelmed by the rush of nervousness he suddenly felt. "The rain got on my antler."
"Shit, I'm sorry Mate." Austin said, sounding genuine. Tyrone noticed that his hand was still rested on his shoulder. Austin seemed to notice too, and quickly removed it. "Sorry." He stammered, and bounced away looking embarrassed.
"It-It's alright" Tyrone forced out, but it was too quiet and too late. Austin had left Tyrone's room in the bunker and was hopping to the medic center where Uniqua sat carefully studying something.
The BackyardBunker had been crafted carefully and meticulously over many years, designed for keeping out the rain and holding tons of supplies. It had one main dome crafted from scrap metals, and different rooms that branched off of it. Austin's room was the smallest, since he mostly was outside hunting. Uniqua's was the largest, and it had all of the medical supplies and food that they had gathered over the last decade. Pablo and Tasha shared a room of course, and Tyrone's room was in the very back, with a view of the mountains and forest expanse.
Suddenly Austin reentered, holding a roll of gauze in his paw. "May I?" He said sheepishly, stepping closer. "Yeah, thanks bro." Tyrone said a little too enthusiastically. Austin sat beside Tyrone on his bed, and leaned in. Tyrone felt Austin's warm stabilizing hand rest on his shoulder while he wrapped the gauze around the wounded antler. Tyrone winced. "Are you alright?" Austin asked worriedly. "Yeah. Yeah, keep going."
When Austin was finished, he put the rest of the gauze on the bed beside them, but he didn't take his paw off of Tyrone's shoulder. They stared at each other for a moment, eyes meeting. Austin blushed. He leaned in a little, and Tyrone remembered the nights he had dreamt of this moment. He put a hand on Austin's thigh. Austin closed his eyes, embracing the moment, and their lips met. The kiss was soft, filled with passion and fear and restraint. Tyrone's hand wandered up Austin's leg and slipped under his chest plate. His fur was hot and a little damp, but so soft and smooth, untouched by acid or dust. Austin followed Tyrone's lead, snaking his purple arm around Tyrone and pulling him closer.
Tyrone, feeling confident and honestly pretty aroused, pushed Austin onto his back. Austin's eyes widened and he gasped, but Only for a second before Tyrone's mouth was pressed against his once more, this time less restrained. He felt Austin's purple tongue brush against his, and Austin's arms wrap around his shoulders. In a fit of passion, Tyrone attempts to take off Austin's armor, and suddenly Austin jumps up. He looks at Tyrone frantically while readjusting his chest plate, and then rushes out of the room, tears streaming down his furry face.