When we met

10 months before.....
I had an incoming text, 'I'm out here'. 'It's open' I replied as I found a robe to put on. Soon the door opened revealing one of my closest family members. We've been tight since babies, me being only 9 months older than her. Lexi was a yellowbone, about 4"10 with a slim thick frame. She had a cutest dimples on each side of her cheeks and pretty light brown long hair and eyes. Together we were like the perfect duo, we were like yin and yang, we were opposite but complimented each other amazingly. With me being darkskin 5'8 and thick with my short 4c hair sponged and colored purple, for today at least.
"Heyyy Dawn!! I missed you" she said as she embraced me.
"Yea I bet, miss Hollywood" I replied.
"Girl, trust me Georgia is no Hollywood" she laughed.
Lexi has moved from our home town of Baton Rouge to Atlanta to earn more recognition for her crafts, and yes I said crafts, Lexi could do it all, draw, paint, create woodwork and Madonnas and because of her artistic abilities and creativity she was amazing at tattooing. She was really badass.
"Watchu me—" I questioned.
"Don't worry about it right now we have to focus on you beating my face cause I'm terrible at makeup." She interrupted.
"Okay whateva" I replied.
Though Lexi has amazing artistic abilities she was horrible at doing her own makeup which was really peculiar. I had started wearing makeup when I was about 14 and after I perfected the craft of doing my own makeup I started doing other people's makeup, for fun. And now that we're 25 I believe I've perfected that craft too, not to toot my own horn but, toot toot. As time went by and I finished Lexi's makeup and my own, she was doing her hair while I took a nice shower and lotioned up.
"I saw this outfit in the closet that I think is going to look good on you and compliment mine" Lexi announced.
"Okay lemme go slip it on then" I replied.
By the time we were ready it was around 8 so we decided to go out to dinner and hit a bar or a hookah spot.
"Aye, Lani just texted me, she flew in from Virginia today and she was planning on coming over but jet lag hit, she's meeting us at the restaurant"
Our younger cousin, Lani was about 3 years younger than us and she was the last third in our trio she fitted perfectly with me and Lexi because she had almost a mixture of our features, brown skin, dark brown hair, golden brown eyes, and she had a really petite build with beautiful legs. We didn't get to hang out with her as much growing up because she always lived in Alabama until she recently moved to Virginia for college.
"Okay"

*****

"Heyyyyy girl" Lani greeted us as we walked in the fancy restaurant.
"Heyyy Lanibug" I squealed as we embraced each other.
It felt amazing to have my girls back with me after we had to go separate ways right out of high school and with us living our own lives. It felt like the old times again. We ate our dinner and now we're trying to figure out what was the move for tonight.
"Well you know Fat 'nem having a block party tonight like they do every other Friday" Lexi suggested
"Bitch you know I'm not going to no ratchet ass party hosted by Fat 'nem last time I went there was almost a shootout with him and J.J because of them fake ass gangs they call themselves repping".
"Hoe stop being so bougie cause you know deep down inside you a ratchet bitch like me" Lexi replied.
I jus laughed as Lexi and Lani argued because that's what they do, all the goddamn time. We finally decided to go to 'The Lounge" a cool spot that original artist and poets perform at every Friday. Being a poet myself I've been there quite a few times, the vibe was very calm and chill.
By the time we get to the club all the artists and poets with residencies had already performed and now there was a new artist on stage. He was gorgeous, his dark skin looked blue in the moonlight-like lighting. He had a thick teddy bear- like frame and he stood about 6'3 he had dark chinky eyes and a gorgeous smile. His face structure was perfect, he had a slightly oval face shape but with a killer jawline, his lips were slightly darker, so I knew he was a stoner, and they sat in a chilling smirk with a perfectly trimmed goatee.
"Oh my fuckkk he is FINE" Lexi squealed.
"Nahhh he's okay but white chocolate over there playing the drums can GITTIT" Lani replied.
I just rolled my eyes and focused back on Blue, which is my nickname for him since I didn't catch his name when he was announced. My eyes scanned his blue tinted skin and his abs that was showing through his shirt and oh my I see a big ole print. I read his pouting lips as he recited his poem.
"Let me make love to you, let me demonstrate how my heart beats when you're around with fast strokes, let me demonstrate my passion for you with how deep I'm in inside of you, let me rock the boat until we both drown in your waterfalls, let's do some baby making though a baby doesn't have to be involved...."