Chapter One

Charcoal coated fingers drifted along the smooth paper, creating an image frozen in time. All around the paper on the art ruined desk were soft pastel chalks and dark charcoal. The wall above the once white desk were paintings and drawings of random things, some overlapping others while some hung in frames. Across from this wall was a double sized bed underneath a wide window with the blinds wide open, sunlight flickering in as the maple tree outside played with the breeze.

Shelves hung from the wall to the right of the desk that once held books, assorted items, and art supplies were now put away in moving boxes. The closet lay to the left of the wall with the art clinging to it. On the closet doors was a painted picture of the solar system. Moving boxes cluttered this small space.

The nightstand held a clock and lamp shade that had little bunnies and Moons on the cover of it. The comforter and pillow cases that encased the bed were that of a galaxy printed fabric, glow 'in' the dark stars covered a small space of the ceiling above where the pillows sat on the bed. The figure sitting in the chair at the desk suddenly looked up with alert, knocking down some pencils and chalks onto the laminated floors.

The door opening up slightly to reveal a rather petite women with long black hair that seemed to be a deep purple with blue highlighted here and there coming down to her waist, brown orbs seemed to draw you in. Wearing an apron over a yellow sundress she opened the door to its fullest. Looking down at her daughter with charcoal coating her fingers, she sighed.

Her daughter looked like she was in a state of serenity. Blonde hair that looked like threads of gold was styled into two buns on each side of her head and hair streamers coming out of each reaching down to her calves. Giant blue eyes with silver peeking here and there brought together her heart shaped face in a childlike manner.

"Honey, you need to clean up, dinner is almost ready," Ikuko Tsukino said.

"Alright mum, I'll be down in a few," the young girl named Serena Tsukino replied. standing up as her mother left the door open. Wiping her hands on her pants she walked towards the bathroom to remove all remaining chalk from her hands. Finishing up she walked down stairs to see her brother already down there eating dinner.

Sammy Tsukino, her younger brother by a few years, had soft brown hair that bordered onto a darker color. His eyes took after their mother, a rich chocolate brown. Grabbing a plate full of food Serena then went to sit down across from her brother at the circular wooden table.

"Have you started packing your things you two?" Mrs. Tsukino questioned them both as she came to sit down between them.

"Almost down with my room mom, but your going to have to help me with the fragile stuff in a couple of days," Sammy responded between mouthfuls of mashed potatoes and meatloaf.

"Alright, how about you Serena?" she turned to look at her eldest child.

"Eh, oh I'm almost done just need to pack up my pictures and art supplies," Serena said. Ikuko giving a nod in acceptance.

"I want you all packed by this weekend because we will be leaving Tuesday to your grandma's old house."

"Yes mom!" came the respective response as the dinner came to an end a few minutes later. With the conversation going to different topics once something was mentioned of another thing.

With dinner done dishes in the sink, the kitchen cleaned up, everyone went to there respective rooms, some packing or playing video games as the day finally came to an end. Blinds closed already, leaving everyone in the house to miss the extravagant show of a shooting star. A before warning if you will to the troubles that were yet to come.