Chapter three

(Word Count 5,655, Not edited currently)

(At an unknown location)

"You sure this will work?" a male's voice questioned.

"Yes it should," came a response from another male voice somewhat deeper than the first.

"If not?" a female voice now questioned the second.

"Then we all are doomed to hell," the second voice stated.

"Well that seems fucking lovely!" the first voice cheered with sarcasm. A yelp of pain come from him as two fists punched him from both sides. "You don't have to hit me!"

"We wouldn't if you stopped being a sarcastic ass all the time Caudata," came the female voice.

"Don't call me that name Plecia you know how I hate it," the first man called Caudata whined.

"It suits you Caudata, it is your species name after all. Plus it would be a dead give away to who you are," Plecia said.

"Would you two shut up for a few minutes I can only handle so much of you two at a time," the only unknown male barked at the other two.

"Oh come on chill. It's not like we will get killed for failing this task when we get back," Caudata used as much sarcasm in that one sentence as he could. Plecia snickered as Caudata was punched in the arm.

"Take it easy Felidae," Plecia laughed.

"I hate you both and these fucked up code names," the man now known as Felidae growled.

"Now that is no behavior of a house cat Panth," Caudata joined in on the fun.

"Silence! We have a mission to do and I don't want to tell the boss on why it was fucked up when it was a simple task," Felidae spoke in a deadly calm voice making the other two stand down from their jokes.

"Alright let's get this done with." Plecia groaned walking forward and into the building that held hostiles.

(Scene change- Serena's bedroom the next morning Tuesday)

Sunbeams came through her open window awaking Serena from her light slumber. Slowly stretching her limbs out she rolled out from her bed. Luna was curled up sleeping on her window seat not bothered at the waking girl. She climbed up off the floor and started to get dressed in her school uniform. This being one of the days she wasn't almost woke up late dashing out the door to get there on time. Sighing as she popped her sore back.

She hadn't really slept properly with all the training and fighting she was doing. Looking towards Luna she mentally groaned. When would this cat, the bane of my existence leave my sanctuary. Having no clue she dropped the thought and packed her school bag. With phone and bag in hand she shut her bedroom door and left for the kitchen.

Her mother was already there cooking some eggs for her younger brother knowing her daughter could take care of herself. Ikuko was dressed in a long black pencil skirt and red blouse, long hair swept up into a messy bun ready to leave for work when Sammy finished his food.

"Sweety, on your way home could you pick up some more milk and whatever is on the list?" Ikuko asked her daughter not looking up from her cooking.

"Sure mum, but I got to go or I might be late," Serena replied adding with an afterthought, "Love you mom."

"Love you too my dear, now go to school before your really late," after that was said Serena placed a small kiss on her cheek and left out the door and to school.

A small smile etched its way onto the worried mother. Ever since they moved here Serena somewhat changed. She didn't know if it was for the better or worse, but she knew something was bugging her child and she didn't like it. No one would hurt her cub she would make sure of that with all her might.