【Chapter。 Four】

《Alan, you are my new favorite person.》

June 8th, 1994

IT WAS A NEW day at the sandlot, with a less aggravated Yo-yo and Jaz. The girl had managed to escape Squints by a hair, leaving Squints to just fall. He did almost get slapped and Jaz had marched off in frustration while the boys just sat with shocked expressions.

But, as previously stated, today was a new day. Yo-yo and Marylin sat in the dugout with Yeah-Yeah, Smalls, and DeNunez. Lin gladly sipped on a ginger ale she bought at the drugstore while Yo-yo flipped a quarter.

"Boy this was worth every penny," she said taking one last sip.

"What was?" Smalls asked as he looked at Jaz and Benny, who were both leaned against the dugout-not making eye contact.

"This soda. God I'm sure I would've died without it," she said, capping the bottle and placing it next to her.

"Nah, you're too pretty to die," Squints said as he walked over to them. Both Yeah-Yeah and DeNunez nodded in agreement.

Lin just gave off a light smile as she looked at the boys. Yo-yo laughed, placing the quarter in the pocket of her denim shorts and walking off, beckoning Lin and Jaz to follow her.

Since June fifth, the girls had all eyes on them, from Benny Rodriguez to Tommy Timmons. To them, the girls were the most beautiful thing any of them had ever seen-of course, if you don't take Wendy Peffercorn into consideration.

"They got no idea what they're doin'," Kenny said.

"Yeah yeah they do," Yeah-Yeah said as the girls glanced over at them.

Benny only gave out a frustrated sigh as he looked at the eight other boys in the dugout, all mesmerized by the sight before them, "Base up you blockheads."

"Come on Benny! You gotta admit they are some of the hottest babes in the valley," Ham said as he stood up from his spot.

"And Jaz is the only hot chic in the ninth grade you haven't kissed," Timmy said, glaring at Tommy to not repeat him. A couple of them raised their eyebrows, but most weren't that surprised since they could tell that Jazlynette hated his guts.

"When one of you can get one of them to kiss you, then we'll talk," Benny said as he turned towards the field. About a minute later, the three girls had shown up in the dugout once again-but this time Marylin had a very important question.
"Have any of y'all, besides Benny, actually kissed someone before?" They all stayed quiet for a moment, wondering whether a magazine picture counted as actually kissing someone. Squints then smiled from ear to ear as all the other boys looked over at him.

"So, yes or no?"

"Campout!"

Jazlynette, Yo-yo, and Marylin all had rushed to Yo-Yo's house in preparation for the camp out later that evening. Marylin had ran over to her household to gather a couple things and ask her mother if she could go to the "sleepover". Jaz had called her dad from Yo-yo's house phone. Each parent had reluctantly agreed to let there daughters go, but under the condition that the three girls stuck together.

They all sat on Yo-yo's bed, per usual. Marylin had on a hoodie with a pair of spandex she usually wore for volleyball. Yo-yo wore a simple striped shirt and a pair of loose shorts while Jaz had on a baseball jersey with a tank top underneath and a pair of shorts.