Chapter 1. I Hate My Life

{As we open our story, we would like to take a moment for a disclaimer. This is a fantasy based work of literature, based on anime. We do not condone nor wish to encourage any individual to commit suicide. All life is precious, and if you are having these thoughts, then it is time to make a change. You are obviously not happy, but there might yet be small things that truly make you happy. We urge you to begin by focusing on those things. Perhaps they are hobbies or other activities. [FYI for me, I have a few distractions, writing is one of them.] If that does not work for you, find someone to talk to, someone who you know that would be deeply hurt by your passing. Don't know someone like that, or just do not want unnecessary attention? Sometimes, although we hate it, we may have to talk through our problems in order to solve them. Right now, you are debating with yourself, life or death, so technically you are already talking about the problem, just not to someone else. Find someone, anyone, a doctor, priest, fireman, police officer, or a random nice person that you will never see again, if that is what you want. We care, we will listen, we will help. Even for a moment, if you do not wish to linger. You are not alone. Look at it this way, if I am writing this message to you, in a world of over a billion people, odds are someone will listen to you. Cheers and keep that chin up, you are far from down and out! You are bigger than this, and you deserve a fighting chance!!!}

A young man stands on the edge of a roof, overlooking a huge vast city. The wind blows through his hair as he turns to look behind him. His medium length black hair waves as he turns. He is an average build, five foot eight inches tall, not muscular but not fat either. His eyes green as emeralds, the eyes that she fell in love with, and his face pale as a ghost from never going out into the sun. He was a recluse, how she ever had a chance to fall in love with him was a miracle. Never the less, she loved him, truly, more than breath itself. Watching him now had to be the most painful experience of her life because she knew she could not stop him. He was.... lost to her, as much as her heart yearned to leap into his arms, once more, the impact would surely send both of them over the edge.

"I never wanted you to see this." He says. "I just wanted to be left alone." 

The tears flowed so heavily from her beautiful, light blue eyes blurred by her tears that she could barely see straight. "Why, Richard?! I LOVE YOU!!! Can't I help? Can't I do something to change your mind?!!" She falls to her knees, five feet from him. "Please, baby, please just come back home with me. I need you! You are my everything now, please don't take that away from me!!!!!!!!!" She sods, trying so hard to speak clearly, but her sobs choke her voice. 

"I am sorry, I really didn't want this to turn out this way." He turns his back to her. "But I can not stand this world any longer." 

With those words, he slowly tilts forward, falling off the edge to his unavoidable demise.

She leaps quickly, trying to grab him, but he is already gone, falling sixty stories to the pavement below. Her cries echo in his ears as he closes his eye, awaiting the sweet release of death.

"I was not unkind. I was a loyal employee. I love you too, Becca. I am sorry, mother, for anything I ever did to upset you. Dad, I will see you soon. Sis..... please find someone to love, forever." All these thought rush through his mind, just before he hits the pavement. 

"Another human planted in the ground, like a seed to a tree that will never grow." A deep voice echos through the darkness. "Unacceptable."

It is a grizzly scene. Blood and body parts everywhere. The police are horrified to find three arms, on the scene, two still crusting each other's hands. 

"Why?!" The Captain of Police asks. "Why didn't they come to us first?"

Elsewhere, a man awakens, sharply, as he lays in the grassy field. Sitting up quickly, he looks around, confused and dazed. His short, spiky brown hair gleams in the sunlight, his eyes..... emerald green, his skin is tanned from laying out in the sun, he is five foot eleven inches, muscular and toned like a gladiator. He stumbles to his feet, whipping about wildly for an explanation.