Chapter 7. A Fool's Errand

Traveling south to the Demon King Castle, to banish him, Richard and the others pass through Frihane towards Jite. As they get halfway, they decide to make a small camp. As Bianca, Sinder, and Org make camp, Richard pulls Sanya and Bernard to the side.

"Okay, you two know my secret, so I need you to keep the others occupied." Richard says, seriously.

Sanya puts her hands on her hips. "And what exactly are you going to do?!"

 Bernard smiles. "You are going to face the Demon King on your own."

Richard nods. "I can't die, so It is not...."

Sanya grabs Richard by the strap of his bag. "YOU ARE AN IDIOT!"

Richard smiles. "An immortal idiot."

Sanya grinds her teeth. "How are you going to overpower him?"

Richard gently removes Sanya's hand and then disappears in a flash of lightning.

Bernard laughs heavily. "He learned God's Speed that quick?!"

Sanya clinches her fists and drops her head. "Yeah... but that will not be enough." She mumbles.

Bernard begins to walk away, but turns back to Sanya. "He will be fine... or he will get what he has always wanted."

Sanya turns around, reluctantly. "What does he want?"

Bernard continues to walk away. "That fool has a death wish."

Meanwhile, Richard appears before the Demon King's castle. He looks up at a the black stone walls that tower above the mountain peaks. 

"Impressive!" He says to himself as he examines the closed drawbridge and gate. "Looks like knocking is the only way."

Inside the castle, a group of the Demon King's knights sit around talking among themselves as a loud bang comes from the gate. They jump to their feet, drawing their weapons. The knocks grow louder as the gate begins to give way. Finally, the gate fall open, Richard stands in the gateway with a goofy smile on his face. 

"Avon calling!" Richard laughs.

The knights quickly surround him. One steps forward. "What do you want, human?!" He asks with a growl in his voice.

Richard pops his kuckles. "Surrender or die."

All the knights begin to laugh, but before they can react further they are slammed against stone walls and the ground. One flies across the courtyard as Richard moves so quickly that none of them had a chance, their armor twisted and bloody in his wake. He continues up a tower incapacitating everyone in his way until he reaches a large pair of double doors. He pushes them open to reveal the throne room where the Demon King sits patiently. 

The Demon King sighs at the sight of him, leaning against the arm of his throne. "The humans only sent one combatant? This is a complete mockery of my power..."

Richard walks slowly forward but stops short of halfway through the throne room. "So... you are the Demon King?"

The Demon King growls. "That's right, BOY! Learn some manners!"

Richard bows. "My apologies. My presents was not in an attempt to enrage you, nor show you any form of disrespect."

The Demon King smiles. "That is more like it! So what is your business here, traveler?"

"One of my companions has been tasked by The Holy Order to... banish you." Richard answers.

The Demon King leans forward, cupping his hands together. "And what, pray tell, is her chances of accomplishing this?"