Chapter 3. Party of Five

After the barkeep settles the scene down, the five of them sit down to make out a travel plan. Richard pulls out his map as Sinder points out the meeting point to find Org. Sanya uses her magic to mark the planned path, duplicate the map for all in the party, and add a marker on each person, indicated on the maps, in case they get separated.

"I have no idea why you two don't get along, you balance each other very well." Richard exclaims.

Bernard nudges him in the ribs, sharply.

Sinder scoffs as Sanya smiles.

"It is a complicated thing we would rather not get into." Sanya responds.

Sinder reluctantly nods in agreement.

"I'm sorry." Richard says, sadly.

Bianca looks over the map and smiles. "This is a much more officiant path than what I had in mind!"

"Sanya and Sinder have traveled through that way, apparently, frequently as of late." Bernard says.

Sinder and Sanya nod in unison.

Bianca smiles. "I am very blessed to have found such capable adventurers!" Bianca turns to Richard. "I apologize, I do not believe we have been properly introduced. What was your name?"

"Richard Agregor." Richard replies.

Sanya and Sinder instantly look at each other curiously.

Bianca's eyes go wide for a quick instant and then she looks curiously into Richard's emerald green eyes. "What is your area of expertise?"

Richard thinks for a moment. "Heavy combat, mostly."

Bianca looks over Richard. "In such light armor?"

Bernard speaks up quickly. "He is a blessed, inhumanly strong and quick healing. He has no need for heavy armor."

"Besides, you are wearing the same level of armor as me." Richard points out.

Bianca leans back laughing. "Fair enough. So, when do you advise we leave?"

Richard looks at Sinder and Sanya. "When is Org best reached?"

"Late morning." Sinder replies.

"Around ten am." Sanya clarifies.

"How long is the travel to the meeting place?" Richard asks.

"A good two hours on horseback." Sinder replies.

Richard turns back to Bianca. "We will meet outside at seven am tomorrow."

Bianca stand and smiles. "Sounds good." She begins to walk away, but turns back to Richard. "I think your strong points are more towards teamwork and coordination." She continues out of the hall.

Bernard nudges Richard lightly. "I think she likes you. And, if I am not mistaken, she just recognized you as party leader."

Sanya nods. "She is going to leave her order, now might be the best time to grab her attention. After all, she said she was not doing so to get married, meaning she is very likely single. Show her your best!" Sanya winks.

"She is strangely loaded with gold thou." Sinder points out. "Have you ever known a priestess to carry so much?"

"No, in fact, I have never known a priestess to have more than nine silvers on them." Sanya replies.

"Either way." Bernard interrupts. "We are getting paid, and so is Org. I see no reason to pry further."  

Everyone agrees, Sinder and Sanya leave the hall to get ready for the next day.