Part 6

A/N - Just saying, how precious does Shawn look in this photo. 😍
————

Life on pause

After me and Quinn returned home, we ate dinner as a family. Mom and dad seemed pretty quiet and I noticed that they were home early. They got home when I was picking up Quinn thankfully. Me and Shawn had seemed to of worked things out. I still like him but my love for him has seemed to have dimmed a little.  It's just not the same. All I can think of is that night at the park. I just can't seem to move on from it. He has told me, what seems to be, the truth. It's just I feel like I can't trust him the way I could like a week ago.

Shawn - I don't know if you remember, but at the start of last week, I asked if you wanted to come to my party Friday. I actually meant this Friday. Are you up for it ?

Me -  Ummm. Sure ?

Shawn - Okay see you there, here are the details.

Shawn sent over his house details.

"Hay mom!" I shouted from my bedroom.

"Yes darling!" She shouted from the kitchen.

"Are we doing anything Friday ?"

"No. Why love?"

"I have been invited to a friends party."

"Uh....... Yeah that should be okay. Actually, can you come down please."

I make my way down the spiral staircase wondering what mom was going to ask.

"Yes." I say walking into the kitchen. I saw mom and dad sitting at the island counter. I decide to join them as there are 4 seats.

"Well I have something to tell you." Mom says looking down.

"Me and your mother went to the hospital today. That's why we were home when you and Quinn got back. Your mother, she has been diagnosed with ......" my father said.

My heart started to break. I look over at my mom to see she tears silently falling down her face.

"...... with cancer."

My heart instantly splits into two. My eyes start to well up as my dad embraced my mom and I. 

"I'm so sorry mom." I say whimpering.

"Why? What do you have to say sorry too?" My mom questions.

"This unfortunate event. You will get through this mom. Me and dad are here for you." I say hugging them both tighter.

This is the family mom needs right now. One that will support her no matter what. It's gonna be hard but mom will be okay. She will make it through. She always does.

————

*The next day at school*

"Hi Mila. Haven't seen you in a little while." I say hugging Mila before walking to our last class. I put on a fake smile, trying to hide the recent depressing news.

"I'm good. How have you been?"

Why did I ask? Should I tell her? She is my best friend and I need someone to be there for me.