Part 8

Family issues

It was 6:45 in the morning. Shawn and Connor stayed. Connor's mom dropped some things off for him. Today it's Quinn's birthday although it would only be me, Shawn, Quinn and Connor today. Mom and dad said they will call at 7:30. I decided to get up and make pancakes.

"Morning babe." I said as Shawn rubbed his eyes.

I stood next to his side of my bed. I leaned over to kiss him. He grabbed my waist and pulled me onto the bed.

"Shawn!" I shouted as he dragged me down. I climbed over him and straddled him.

"We need to get up though. It's Quinn's birthday."

"Okay but I'm not letting you go until you give me a kiss." He said grabbing onto my hands.

I leaned over and kissed him before making my way downstairs. Shawn followed.

Me and Shawn made pancakes and placed them on the island counter. The next minute it was 7. Loud thuds came crashing down the stairs. The boys were definitely up.

"Pancakes!" They shouted in unison.

"Happy Birthday Quinn." I said as I ran over to him. I picked him up and spun him around. I know he is 7 now but he is still my little brother.

"Thanks Parkey but I wanna eat."

I put him down and the boys ran over to get food.

Ring ring

"It's mom and dad Quinn."

He immediately stopped eating as I handed him my phone.

"Hello." He said curiously.

"Hello bubba." Mom and dad said in unison. It was so nice to hear their voices again. "Happy Birthday. You're 7 now. Such a big boy."

"Yep. Connor is round and so is Shawn."

"Uh. Glad it's not just you and Parker. I'm sorry we couldn't be there. Maybe if you ask Parker nicely she will bring you here to see us." You could hear the happiness in their voices.

"Yeah!" He shouted down the phone.

"Well we will see you later. Me and your father have left your presents in the living room. See you later on. Have a good rest of the day. We love you so much and happy birthday to our little man. Love you."

"Love you to mom and dad. Hope you get better mommy. Love you." Quinn said before the phone hung up.

We carried on eating and then Quinn opened presents. He was so happy. He was a big boy now. 7!

After Connor left, we decided to go to the hospital. Shawn took us there.

Shawn didn't come in because he thought that we would want family time. Me and Quinn walked into moms room. Me, mom and dad were chatting for a little while. Mom said she was recovering well and could be back out next week which was good. Dad seemed tired but he was okay too. Everyone was getting better. Me and Quinn left at 5pm. It was getting late so we had take away for dinner. Shawn treated us.