Chapter 3

Charlotte- Zooey Deschanel. Lucy- Emma Stone. Tommy- Chord Overstreet. Ashton- Cory Monteith.

I rolled around trying to sleep, but I was just too excited. I hadn’t bothered with replying to Lucy’s text, since I was positive she wouldn’t have told me who my mystery date was anyway. Maybe I should have been nervous about having absolutely no idea who I’m about to go on a date with, but the mystery and suspense are only keeping me awake and smiling. I lay there, trying to keep still so as to fall asleep sooner. When I finally drift off I’m in a closet. An endless closet filled with clothes of every color. There are dresses, shorts, blouses, skirts, T-shirts, jeans, tank tops, tights, jackets, leggings, and God knows what else. They lined the walls of that mysterious closet in neons and pastels, both warm and cool colors, blacks, whites, and everything in between. Suddenly I realized that none of these clothes, though all of them beautiful, weren’t what I was looking for. I scanned the closet, squinting my eyes to find the end of it all to no avail. I began sorting through clothes and tossing them into a pile on the floor in pursuit of finding something appropriate for the occasion ... what ever it was. Finally I gave up and sat on the floor with a sigh. Next I was in a large room filled with rows of chairs. Each one was seated by a boy. Each one was staring at me. Embarrassed, I tried to find an exit, but there were none. Just neutral walls occupied by a thousand staring boys of every kind. Confused and exasperated, I decided to take a nap, since I was rather tired after all. Upon waking I discovered I was no longer in the large doorless room. I was in a beautiful house I had never seen before. I was also naked. Frightened of being seen, I went down a random hallway towards my right and found myself once again in the closet, only to find none of the clothes were appropriate for the occasion. But what was the occasion? If only I could remember...

When morning finally rolled around, I stared at my robin’s egg blue walls for a few minutes. I pondered my quickly fading dream. The color of my walls inspires me everyday. Today it makes me think of a blue balloon floating up into the atmosphere. As the little boy watches it float up, he can’t help but feel a bit sad, since it was his brand new balloon after all, and how could he let it slip away? But as he watches it float amongst the trees and then the clouds, he thinks perhaps the balloon didn’t seem very happy while in his tight grasp, and now it sways in the wind, happily flying up, up, up, like a bird. Maybe this is better. I blinked a couple of times, then got out of bed and prepared myself for yet another Monday.

On my way to school I stopped at a gas station for a cappuccino to (hopefully) help me get through the day. I was so groggy with Monday that I wasn’t watching when a gorgeous boy with his arms very full suddenly bumped into me. I was transfixed for a moment, not quite sure what had just happened. My front very felt hot, I registered only vaguely. The boy had light blonde hair that was slightly shaggy and curly at the ends, but straight for the most part. He had really full lips that were wearing a worried frown, and his eyebrows were lifted far above his big hazel eyes. “Woah,” I thought. “Woah” was an understatement... Suddenly Gorgeous cleared his throat and I realized he just ended a very awkward silence. I looked down in embarrassment and realized my dark purple dress was wet with some sort of warm liquid. I looked back up at the boy and noticed among textbooks, keys, a wallet, and a coffee mug, he held a now half empty bowl of watery oatmeal. Oh. That would explain how hot my front suddenly felt when he bumped into me. “God, I’m so stupid,” I thought.

“I-”

“Oh geez, I’m sorry! I guess neither of us were really watching where we were going. Here, let me help,” he said quickly, and apologetic look plastered on his face.

Oh no, it was just as much my fault. Sorry about your... oatmeal...” I interjected lamely. By now he had set his many belongings on the ground and was writing something down on a piece of paper.

“You go to St. James High School, am I right? I think I’ve seen you around.”

“Really? I- uh- I mean I’ve never seen you, I don’t think. You’d um, think I’d have remembered,” I told him. Then I realized that might sound weird, so I added, “I mean, it’s such a small school and all...” He chuckled.

“Well I’ve only just started last week, so I’m sure we would have met soon enough anyway,” He replied with an adorable smile on his lips. I smiled weakly.

“I’m Tommy, by the way.”

“Charlotte,” I replied, my heart beginning to melt. At the mention of my name he looked a bit surprised, then he grinned and composed himself. That sort of confused me, but I realized if we didn’t hurry we’d both be late for school.

“Again, I’m so sorry about your dress,” he said, eyeing me. He looked a little bit afraid that I would start yelling at him. “I do have an extra T-shirt in my car, but of course you wouldn’t have any pants,” He joked, gesturing to my sheer black tights.

“Right. Umm... th-at’s alright. I’ll just um, go home and change, and um...” I stuttered. “Ugh, I’m such a loser,” I thought.

“Well,” he started with a smile, “I’ll just give you this, and you call me if you need me to pay a dry cleaning bill or something,” he said, handing me the slip of paper.

“That’s very... generous. I’ll uh, see you around... Tommy.” I helped him carry his stuff to his car and we both smiled, me awkwardly, since I’m such a casanova.

“See you around, I’m sure,” he said with a grin before driving in the direction of the school.

“Hnnnguughuuuh,” I replied to his car as it sped away.

---

What did you think? I know, I know, I'm the queen of run-on sentences! I'm also sorry for any typos, I was in a bit of a rush.

I'm adding a video and some pictures later, but I've got to go right now, just wanted to get this up and check back for the pictures/video! Please comment your thoughts. I really appreciate it!

Edit- I've added the video - it's Chord Overstreet in Glee, so you can get a little bit of an idea what Tommy is like. I've also added a few more photos of the confirmed characters that are based off of celebrities. And I'm sorry that it's a bit short! I wanted to upload quickly, but I'll try to make it longer next time.

Edit 2: So I was just listening to this song and decided to add this video instead of the Billionare one... I think it fits this part so... enjoy. ;)