Chapter 6 Part 1

Sorry, I know my writing isn’t really consistent! Bare with me. :/

Jennifer - Taylor Swift

Chapter 6

Sky. Endless sky. Atmosphere filled with huge masses of grayish white fluff. Light as air. Stretching on and on. Covering the Earth and everything on it in a massive blue blanket. These are my thoughts as I gaze at my robin’s egg blue ceiling. Today is Tuesday, I remember. Something is going on tonight. Some... party or gathering. Something. I roll off my bed and stumble towards my Beatles themed calender. Jen’s bonfire. I groan.

“Oh John,” I say to the image of John Lennon on my calender, “you are so lucky you’re dead and don’t have to be social.” Then I realize that might be a little offensive, so I show my love for him by singing “Imagine” as I shower and get ready for the day.

I’m really not very excited for this bonfire. Jennifer is a really sweet girl, and I consider her a friend, though I don’t know her all that well. The only problem is that Lucy is always trying to get me to flirt with guys at these things. I have embarrassed myself many a time that way. Although, perhaps it’ll be different now with my impending date. Maybe Lucy will let me just relax and have a good time. I smile. Wait a minute, maybe Tommy will be there! With newly found excitement, I throw the shower curtain to the side and step out, ready to face the day.

I feel a bit like a freshman with a big crush on the hot senior. I chuckle at myself as I braid my hair in a long, messy side braid. Then I tie a small strip of fabric around the end of it. It has a petite floral pattern on it. I smile at my reflection, feeling cute. I spray some hairspray and check the time. I’m running late. Great, no time to grab a cappuccino before school. I groan and stomp my feet as I make my way back to my room. I throw on a dress, grab my bag, and head downstairs.

“Bye, Mom,” I kiss her on the cheek and grab a banana for the road.

“Bye, hon. Have a good day at school.” I smile at her and pull on my long brown plaid jacket. I can’t help smiling as I open the garage door and pull out of the driveway. I feel like I’ve woken up from a long sleep. A long sleep filled with dreams flitting in and out. Dreams of nameless boys, who are really all the same. Now I’m awake and life is good. I’m not sure why, but I feel almost like Tommy and I are a sure thing. Which honestly doesn’t make any sense, since we haven’t actually been on a single date yet. Actually, I barely know the guy. This doesn’t stop me from being excited, though.

I pull into the school parking lot and hurriedly pull the keys from the ignition. I toss them into my purse and grab my raggy old backpack before making a brisk walk up towards the school. After skipping class yesterday, I don’t want to push my luck and be late today. I’m just about to reach out and pull open the door when someone beats me to it.

“After you, my lady,” Says Tommy with a mock English accent. I laugh and smile up at him. He uses his arm to make a grand gesture towards the door. I walk in and hook my arm into his.

“My my, what a gentleman you are,” I say, following his lead with the English accent. He grins and doesn’t move his arm away.

“Mm, yes, I get that a lot,”

“Hmm, yes,” I agree with my very proper accent. We both laugh before he unhooks his arm and tells me he’ll see my in first period. I bite my lip as I make my way to my locker. I feel a blush creep its way onto my cheeks. I feel genuinely happy. This is going to be a great day, I can tell. I reach my locker and it takes me three tries to get the combination right. I scoff at myself and my giddiness. I’m acting so silly. I pull off my coat and shove it into my locker quickly, remembering that I’m running a little late. As I walk across the hall and near the door to Geography, Whorey Tori (as I like to call her), shoves against my shoulder with the hugest smirk on her face. Whatever, I vow not to let her ruin my good day. I slip into the classroom and see him sitting there. I smile. Things are going perfectly. Then I see him wipe something off his cheek. Something that looks suspiciously like lipstick. The precise shade I just saw Tori Smith wearing. My heart sinks. I knew my good day wouldn’t last.

“Hey again,” he greets.

“Hey. I see you are getting to know Tori a little better,” I make it try to say it jokingly, but I just sound quiet and sullen. I see Tommy stiffen.

“Huh, yeah I guess. I mean,” he leans in closer to my face, “she’s a little crazy,” he finishes with a small smile. I grin and nod. It’s good to know that he doesn’t go for those kinds of girls. Then I realize that his face is still leaned in fairly close to mine. He’s staring at me intently. I feel my face flush. I look down.

“You’re cute when you blush,” he says with a laugh. I whack him on the arm.

“That was not me blushing!” I feel my cheeks turn a deeper red. Ugh, this could be an issue.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m sure. It’s cute.” I bite my lip. He’s good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 (Please read!)

Author’s note:

Thanks again for reading! Sorry it’s a lot shorter, but I wanted to upload.

I’m adding a video - it’s my favorite right now, I’m kinda obsessed with it. :)

It’s In The Sun by She & Him, which incidentally is Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward, Zooey Deschanel being the celebrity I picked to play Charlotte.

Obsessed much? Don't forget to check out the photos as well.

Thanks so much for taking the time for reading and commenting and voting!

Love you alllllll. xoxo (: