01

GAVIN'S POV
'NO WAY IN HELL! '

"NO WAY! "

"Yes way. " Fowler tapped a bunch if papers on his desk as he stood up, as well as the mystery woman. No way am I going to get a partner! I'm a Lone Wolf, a one-man team! I don't need anyone! All I need are my cats and alcoho- JOB! YEAH JOB!

NORMAL POV
Before anyone could say anything else, (Y/N) made her way to Gavin, a deadpan look in her face as she reaches a hand out.

"Hello, detective Reed. I hope-"

"If you're gonna say 'I hope we get along well. ' then save it. " Gavin spat. This made the seemingly emotionless (H/C) hair colored woman chuckle before smiling bitterly at him.

"As I was about to say- I hope you don't get in the way of the cases. " She gently took Gavin's hand while he was dumbfounded, and shook it. She spun on her heels to meet the captain's eyes with a fake smile."Thank you so much, once again Captain Fowler. I promise to do my best with this man. "

"Yeah, " Fowler smirked. 'Oh Gavin's got no idea what he's in for. ' "You do that. "

With a nod of dismissal, Gavin launched out the door and into the break room to figure out what the actual hell he's gonna do for the rest of the day with this woman. (Y/N) simply left the glass office and looked around for her suppose-to-be desk. She assumed it was going to be near her partner's. It would only make sense. There, she saw an empty, and clean desk beside a messy, chaotic one. Before she could walk up to it, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Her instincts kicked in and she grabbed the wrist, twisting it a little. She trailed her stressed orbs from the hand, to the arm, to the face. An Android.

"Ni-Nice to meet you too, detective (L/N)." it spoke as its LED blinked from yellow to a bit of red in a distressed manner, his chocolate brown eyes begging to be released from death's grip. "Could you.. Perhaps let go?" it requested. The both of them were in an awkward position at the moment, so (Y/N) complied and apologised.

"I'm sorry, you startled me. " the android waved his hand, meaning to say that it was his fault. The woman detective picked up on this then took a look at his wrist. It was slightly damaged and a few droplets of thirium was leaking. She looked back at the android. "I'm sorry, for damaging you. "

"It's nothing. I'll just have to screw it a little and replace the amount of thirium that leaked out. I should be the one to apologise, for startling you. " it fixed itself and reached the same hand out for her to shake. "My name is Connor. I'm the android sent by Cyberlife. " hesitantly, (Y/N) took his hand and shook it. "I've heard that we were going to have a too detective work with us here in the DPD. I just wanted to come by and say that I hope we get along. "

"As long as you don't get in my way, then we should be fine. "

"Ah, it seems like both of us are serious about completing our objectives. "

"Always. "

"We'll get along just fine, Detective (L/N)"

"Please, just (Y/N) is alright. "

"CAN YOU TWO STOP PHCKIN FLIRTING?! " Gavin interjected as he held a new cardboard cup in his hands, half-filled with hot coffee. Veins were popping from his neck as he glanced at Connor. (Y/N) fixed her position do that she was turned to Gavin now. Crossing her arms and shifting her weight to one leg.

"If you're so bothered Reed, why don't you distract yourself with some work? Not just sitting idly on your phone watching some... Freaky porn. " (Y/N) cringed at the sight of what was on the -now- embarrassed detective's phone. Gavin scoffed at her then angrily drank his coffee whilst spinning the chair so that now, his back was on the two. Connor sighed.

"I don't know how you'll put up with Detective Reed, but please, be careful with him. " He warned, not caring if Gavin was there to hear the entire thing (Which made him crumple his cardboard cup).

"Don't worry Connor, " (Y/N) took a seat on her chair then turned her computer on. "He's quite the remarkable challenge. "

"You're feeding his ego... "

"Couldn't see it through his bullshit. "