04

YOUR POV
Tony Miles. As I bent down to check on his neck, it turned out the my observation was correct. He was strangled. The belt wasn't too far either. I tilted his chin up a little bit and saw a few spots of red oozing from his skin.

'Jesus, she literally broke his neck. '

I let go of his chin, and as soon as I did, I see some blood seeping through his mouth.

'I stand corrected. '

I get up and look around the bedroom a little more. So, there was the belt, and he was strangled. All I need now- is to find out where this deviant went. My gaze hit the floor, searching for some trail. Lo and behold, there was the tiniest bit of blood trailing to the outside. Gavin should be taking care of-

BANG! BANG!

Jesus Christ. I roll my eyes and dart out of the door. Making my way to the front and there I see Gavin hiding behind the sofa with his gun close to his chest. I then notice the trail of blood leading into the tall wooden wardrobe. There were two men down, shot in the shoulders and head.

'How unfortunate. '

BANG!

I quickly hide behind the wall dividing the hallway leading to the rooms, to the living room and pull my gun out. I glance over at Gavin, and he caught my eyes.

"Stand down. " I mouthed to him.

"Phck you!" he mouthed back. I rolled my eyes and leapt out of hiding, rolling on the floor and ending up next to Gavin. I hear evident gunfire missing me miserably.

"Stand down Gavin, I got this. " I whisper to him in a demanding voice. He furrows his eyebrows. I slowly look up from behind the sofa's header and shoot at the deviant's arm, making her drop the gun. I quickly took this as my chance to run at her and pin her to the wardrobe. Her LED blinked bright red, signalling her stress. She pathetically tries to headbutt me, but I was able to dodge, but as I did- she kicks me in my abdomen, causing me to lose contact with her.

"Please! " I heard her beg. I got onto my feet, a big smile on my face and my eyes burning with adrenaline. "I don't want to die! I was o-only-" I shut her up by shooting her knee, causing her to yelp in surprise and lose her balance. This time, I was able to pin her to the ground and point my gun at her forehead, not too close so that she could try anything.

"Stand down, you are dealing with the Detroit Police, there will be enough talking when we question you. " I speak with the most threat dripping from my tongue. I shake the adrenaline away, and my smile wavers. I put handcuffs on the deviant and get up with her leaning on me for support. I turn around and see Gavin with a look of surprise on his face.

"How the phck! " He exclaims, placing his gun back into the holster. Just then, we hear Tina run inside with her gun in hand, but she too was surprised by the scene in front of her. She gave me a smile of appreciation and took the deviant away.

Having that over, I stretch my arms over my head and crack my neck. I look over at the two dead bodies and pray for their salvation. Four officers come in to check up on them, and I begin to return to Gavin.

"...That was too easy. "

"There are certain levels of difficulty to each case, Reed. This happens to be easy. " I speak confidently. I let my hair down, since I accidentally tied it in too tight, and it was making my head hurt. I ruffle my hair and slip the hair tie into my wrist.
"Phck you."

"I'd phck me too. " Was the last thing I said before giving him the finger at I left through the front door.

GAVIN'S POV
'Lord almighty I recognise my sins and thought I'd be judged when I die, so why do you bring this woman into my life? '

I rub my temples and I follow (Y/N) out the door. I then find her leaning next to her motorbike, so I approach her with my fists clenched at my sides. As soon as she saw me coming, she straightened herself up and folded her hands in front of her.

"Listen here, doll face-" I jam a finger onto her shoulder as my words slip through my gritted teeth. "I don't care if you're so much as a 'good detective.' But there's only room for respect for one detective here at the DPD. And that's me. " I bring my finger towards me and I get up in her face. "So start learning the name Gavin phckn' Reed, and learn to respect me. "

"With all due respect, detective Reed- but I don't see you doing any effort to give you the right to show off your position in the ranks. Unless you want the calm before the storm, I suggest you treat me with the equal amount of respect. " She threatened me, but I'm not going down so easily. I open my mouth but she grabs me by the collar of my shirt and pulls me close enough to have her breath against my face. "Think before you act Reed. " And with that, she lets go, sits on her motorbike and start it up. She nonchalantly tosses me the helmet and I catch it, despite my awestruck state.
"Close your mouth detective, " She sits up and smirks with her chin up high. "Might catch more than just bullshit in your mouth."