Chapter Fifteen

Days pass and Bran still hasn't woken up. I've hardly seen Jory since the wedding. He goes to bed after I've fallen asleep, and wakes up before I can. I do see him when I wake up at night of nightmares. He holds me tight until I stop crying and kisses my tears away. The nightmares are not so bad when I know there is someone there to comfort me when I wake up.

As much as I try to love Jory, to touch and kiss him. I didn't feel anything for him, not in the way a wife should.

Today is the day we must leave for Kingslanding. I know it was hard for Lord Stark to leave in the first place, but now with Bran so close to death...

"Are you alright love?" Asks Jory. He is helping me fold clothes and pack belongings in a large chest for us to share. I must have stared off for too long.

"I'm worried about Bran."

He gives my shoulder a light touch. "They've done all they can for him. The Maester says he's through the worst of it. Either the young lord wakes or he doesn't. It's up to the gods now."

I nod. "It seems cruel for the king to make everyone leave, in a few more days Bran could wake up..."

"The king can't wait forever."

"No, I suppose not." I look around the room that I've called home my entire life. "Is that everything then?"

He helps me stand. "I think so. Now, I have to go make sure the rest of the household guards are ready for the journey. Say your goodbyes." He pats my shoulder and leaves the room.

I change into riding leathers and double-check everything is packed, then leave to say my goodbyes.

I say goodbye to serving wenches I've gotten to know through the years, the Maester and little Rickon, he cries when I tell him I must leave. He doesn't understand.

I visit Lady Stark and Bran. She hardly looks up at me, she has no great love for me.

I kiss Bran on the forehead. "Goodbye, Bran," I whisper. "Please wake up soon."

I turn to Lady Stark. "Goodbye Lady Stark. Thank you for everything."

She nods. "Goodbye Lady Nyla."

I leave her to her prayers. I look for Robb and Jon. The only two I haven't said goodbye to. I spot Robb directing horses and servants in the yard. He's been looking older the past few days.

"Nyla." He smiles. "Have you been saying your goodbyes?"

"Yes." I look around the yard. "Just you and Jon left to say goodbye to."

"Better hurry, Jon is just loading his things and saddling his horse."

I nod and turn to leave. "Goodbye Robb." I give him a kiss on the cheek.

He turns bright red. "Goodbye Nyla. Safe journeys."

I nod and run to the stables. I see Jon saddling his horse. He turns to look at me. I've never seen him look so cold and closed off. But he gives me a smile.

"I've been looking for you everywhere Nyla. I thought I would have to leave without saying goodbye."

"I wouldn't let that happen Jon Snow."

He looks down at his feet. "Now that I'm off to the wall, I probably will never see you again."

I shake my head. "I told you about my wedding night, that isn't true." I smile. "I've seen it in my dreams."

He laughs a little. "And your dreams come true right?"

"They do. You'll see." I lean in closer to him, as not to be heard. "I had a dream that we meet again, on a sandy shore. You look older... and just like your father."

"No other details of this dream?" He asks.

I sigh. "No. But it's so vivid and clear. It must be real."

He smiles. "I'll hold you to it then." He holds out his hand. "Until we meet again my lady."

I ignore his hand and throw myself into his arms and hug him close. "Until we meet again."

"Hold her right, Jon Snow." Says a voice behind us. "There are no women at the wall."

I let go of Jon and turn to see Lord Tyrion.

"It's good to see you again my lord," I say. "Thank you again for those books. They are very good."

He nods. "Good good." He smiles. "That dream of yours, I hope it does come true. It would be good to see Jon on a sandy beach instead of a snowy plain."

I laugh. "You may think I'm crazy my lord. But it is a dream I had, only the other week."

"Perhaps, it is only your mind hoping you see Jon Snow again." He suggests.

"Perhaps." I shrug. "Either way. It's a good dream." I turn toward Jon. "Goodbye Jon, safe travels." I turn toward Lord Tyrion, who's given me a weird look. "What is it, my lord?"

"I don't know much about you my lady, but I've just got the feeling you're the most remarkable woman I've ever met."

I blush and pause. "You must not have met many women than my lord."

He laughs. "I've met a lot of women Lady Nyla. There is just... something about you."

I try my best to hide my embarrassment. "Now now Lord Tyrion. I'm married." I laugh and start to walk away. "Safe travels my lord."

"And to you my lady." I hear him say as I walk away.

I have a feeling that this will not be the last time that I see Tyrion Lannister.

I see Jory with my horse in hand, all saddled and ready for the long ride ahead.

He smiles wide. "Have you said your goodbyes Lady Nyla?"

I nod solemnly.

He wipes away tears I didn't know were there. "I... I know it's hard."

I clear my throat. "I'm alright." I do my best to smile. "We're starting our new life together. It's just hard to say goodbye."

He nods. "It is." He hands to reins of my horse to me and helps me up on the saddle. "We must leave before Lord Stark and the rest leave us behind."

He gets on his horse, I look back at Winterfell until I can't see it anymore.