Chapter 141

Daenerys and I stumble to our chambers. I'm much drunker than I intended on getting, and I trip multiple times in the halls.

Daenerys laughs as I put an arm around her shoulders.

I look at her, her cheeks are slightly pink, and she has a happy, content smile. I can't help but stare at that expression.

"Did I tell you you're the most beautiful person I've ever seen?"

She chuckles. "You have... but you can say it again. Say it as much as you like."

I blush and lose control of my movements. I trip once again and I feel myself falling. Daenerys tries to grab hold of me but ends up falling as well.

I manage to flip so I fall onto my back, and Daenerys falls on top of me.

I laugh, coughing a little from the pain of my wounds.

Daenerys chuckles. She's sitting on top of me, legs on either side of my body.

I feel my face get even hotter.

She leans forward and whispers in my ear. "Naughty... shouldn't we at least get to the bedroom first?"

My heart beats fast and I get up in a flash. I scoop Daenerys up in my arms despite my sore and wounded body.

She lets out a surprised but gleeful sound that spurs me on even more.

She laughs. "N... Nyla...!"

I growl low. "Watch your words little Dragon Queen..." I kiss her neck as I carry her to our room.

She squeals and gasps.

I carry her to our quarters and slam the door behind me with my foot.

I place her gently onto the bed. "We survived death," I whisper. Tracing kisses up her neck to her ear. "Let's celebrate."

She wraps her arms around me. "Don't hold back." She whispers.

Afterwards, we lay in the warm bed together, looking at one other.

She smiles, tracing a finger up and down my shoulder. "Despite our pain... and our grief... I know Ser Jorah would want us to be happy. We survived the impossible."

I sigh and turn on my back, looking at the ceiling. "Everyone who died... they saved Westeros. We all did."

Daenerys sits up. "You mean Jon saved Westeros. He was the one who killed the Night King."

My heart drops at the mention of his name. I still haven't told her about Jon, about who he is. My stomach does flips, but I have to tell her.

I sit up and take a deep breath. "Daenerys?"

She smiles up at me. "Mmhmm?"

"Jon told me something... right before the battle..."

"Oh! Yes, I remember you were going to tell me something... you looked quite flustered."

I nod and swallow hard. "It is about Jon... I think... I think it might make you angry. But you have to know."

She thinks for a moment. "I can't promise I won't be angry... but I will always listen to what you have to say with a level head. I promise."

"Do you know who Lyanna Stark was?"

She nods somberly. "Yes. Robert's Rebellion happened because my brother kidnapped and raped her." She sighs. "Ser Barristan said he was so kind but..."

"He didn't kidnap and rape her. He wouldn't do that. He loved her. And she loved him." I wrap my arms around my knees and stare ahead blankly. "They were married in secret, and Lyanna had a baby boy."

Daenerys is silent.

I turn to look at her, her expression is one of confusion and denial.

"She was dying and gave her son to her brother. They both knew Robert would kill the child if he knew the truth, so Eddard took him in as his own bastard son. He took that secret with him to his grave. Jon is really Aegon Targaryen."

She blinks, thinking. "Who told Jo. this?"

"Bran saw it in his visions, and Sam read about their wedding while at The Citadel."

She shakes her head. "A secret only known by his best friend and his brother? Maybe this King in the North wants more than just the North... to come up with such a lie..."

"He has no reason to lie. From everything, I've seen in my own visions... I'm sure it's true. It makes sense, how I could see his death, and communicate with him in my dreams as you and I do?" I say.

Daenerys gets out of bed and puts on a robe. "You saw his birth in your visions?"

"No... none of my ancestors were there... but I saw their wedding, my father even saw her when she was very pregnant. Its true Daenerys..."

She turns her back to me, facing the fireplace. "Who else knows? Is he planning on telling anyone else?"

"Just us, Bran, and Samwell. I'm not sure if he wants anyone else to know. We should speak to him."

Daenerys is silent for a moment. "If the people find out that there is a living male heir, with a better claim to the Throne than me..." she whispers. "I'm nothing but a foreign invader to them. Why should they follow me? Why should they choose me over him? They love him..."

I get out of bed and approach her. "All those slaves in Essos. The Dothraki, The Unsullied. To them, you were a foreign invader too, but you showed them who you are! Your kindness! Free them from Cersei's tyranny, and they will follow you." I wrap my arms around her waist. "Jon doesn't want the Iron Throne... even if his heritage becomes common knowledge. A Targaryen King in the North, your nephew. Two neighbouring Kingdoms with the same family heritage and a good relationship. What's so wrong about that?"

"Perhaps you're right. Thank you... Nyla." She twists around and wraps her arms around me, burying her face in my chest. "In any case... this will make things a lot more difficult."

I think for a moment. "Wait... when we are married... will Jon be my nephew too?" I feel my face scrunch up in disgust. "Strange..."

She chuckles. "You always know how to make the mood lighter. We will speak with Jon tomorrow, I want to know his intentions." She looks up at me. "But if you trust him... so do I."

The next day, Daenerys and I meet with Jon in his quarters.

"Who else do you plan to tell?" Asks Daenerys.

Jon looks to me and then back to Daenerys. "I have to tell Sansa and Arya."

Daenerys sighs. "Sansa will want to see me gone and you on the Iron Throne."

"She won't," I say. "Her heart is in the North. All she cares about is her home."

Daenerys sighs, she looks at Jon. "Jon..." she seems to struggle with her words. "Despite my best efforts... I like you. I'm glad of our friendship. I'm thankful for you, and all you've done for Nyla and Westeros. The last family I had was my brother. He was cruel and often hit me." She seems a little teary-eyed. "Perhaps... I'm glad I have such a kind, and honourable man as my family."

Jon seems taken aback. "So... you're alright with me telling Arya and Sansa?"

"Tell who you please. Live your life as Aegon Targaryen if you wish. It will make my journey to the Iron Throne more difficult but..." she looks at me. "You are Nyla's greatest friend and my nephew. A Targaryen King ruling the North... and a Targaryen Queen in the South. Perhaps these Kingdoms could finally know peace."

I smile brightly and pull her into a hug.

Jon breathes a sigh of relief. "I really didn't want to make things harder for you, your grace. I don't really want to be some long lost prince... I was fine being a bastard."

I take his hand, my other arm still around Daenerys' waist.

"But you were always more."