Chapter 1

I rushed to my closet to throw on my heels, on my way to court for another hearing in a Child Protective Services case I was on. My roommate and BFF, Lisa, and I only had one assigned parking space. It was on the other side of the complex. I tripped a bit in my heels as I quickly walked to my car, yearning for my sneakers instead. The only sounds I could hear were the clicking of my heels and the birds occasional chirping in the still morning.

I left unusually early, craving a Starbuck's venti double shot café mocha and a breakfast sandwich to wake me up from the late night I had the night prior with Lisa at a piano bar.

A breakfast of champions, I often said.

I was almost to my car when I spotted a white van illegally parked in a red zone about ten spots down. I was surprised it hadn't been towed since our apartment manager was such a stickler about illegal parking. Last time I'd tried something like that, he'd been out screaming before I could even open my car door.

As I reached my car, I startled when the van's engine turned over in the still morning. It inched forward to the back of my car. The side door slid open, silencing the world.

I stood in disbelief at the hulk standing at the side door of the van. He looked big hunched over. But once he jumped out of the van, he was at least six-five, two hundred and fifty pounds. His width seemed to cover the whole entrance of the van. But it was a blur as he rushed toward me. My fingers fumbled for the keys.

A screeching sound came out of my mouth, but it was just absorbed into the cool November air. Trapped between my car, the car next to me, and the brick wall. Stumbling, I turned and tried to climb over the wall. I let out another scream.

He grabbed me by my hips, a shoe flying off. A magnetic force pulling me off the wall. I ground my remaining heel into his foot. Take that, bastard! He only grunted.

He gripped me even harder, placing his arms around my torso. Lifting me up. I gasped as my skin ripped off my hands against the brick wall. He resituated his arms around my torso, squeezing so tightly I could hardly breathe. As he turned us around as one, he put his hand over my mouth with a cloth.

Only a few feet from the side door of the van, I tried to hook my feet against the cars, anything not to go inside.

Don't let the perpetrator take you to a second location, is all I kept thinking. Advice I had heard once on a talk show about abduction.

Another man stood in the entrance of the van. Waiting to receive me.

Don't let the perpetrator take you

He grabbed my legs that didn't seem to want to kick and loaded me into the van. My willpower slowly slipping away into unconsciousness. Stay awake! Stay awake!

Don't let the perp

Everything turned black. 

Thank you for reading my first chapter of REDUCED TO RUIN!  If you enjoyed it, please vote for it and follow me. Feel free to write any comments (even constructive criticism is greatly appreciated) and read chapter 2. Thanks again!