Prologue

FOWLER'S POV
2:35 am. I am expecting a female by 2:40 here at the DPD. A fine detective I hear. Although her..charming personality- once she's on field, she has nothing but focus.

Due to the increasing amount of deviancy cases, homicide, and abuse, I've taken it upon myself to request help from neighboring Police Departments. I may seem like a big asshole, but the people in this precinct don't deserve so much stress anymore. Unfortunately enough, a large number of police departments declined my request. All except one. From the Midguard Police Department (original by the author). It didn't seem like they were having trouble keeping their part of the city in control, so they lent me their best detective.

Detective (Y/N) (L/N).

So many have wanted her as a partner. Her diligent, and steady focus bringing her closer to each case. Her agility and strategy, ready to chase anything down with her speed and quick mindedness. Her gentle, yet menacing tone of voice, I hear, can make almost any suspect blurt out more than enough information. Yes, she was a force not to be reckoned with.

I look up from my papers and see that it's already 2:39. I was about to scoff and say- "she may have all those attributes, but she lacks punctuality." until the door opens. I dart my eye to the figure of a woman in a big (F/C) turtleneck sweater, black leggings and casual white shoes. Her (H/C) hair was tied up into a messy top bun, some strands falling into places and defying gravity. Finally, her (E/C) eyes looking tired stared into my goddamned soul.

'This is one scary woman. '

I clear my throat and motion her to have a seat across from me. She nods then sits on the chair to my right, facing her back to my glass wall that gave me a good view of whatever the people in this precinct should be doing.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss (L/N). I hear you make a splendid detective. I'm Jeffery Fowler. " (is that his name? I forget) I give her a half-assed smile. She nods in reply. She seems like the quiet type. Impassive, if I do say so.

"It's a pleasure to be recommended here in your precinct, Captain Fowler. I will assure you that I will do my best in solving the cases you give me. No matter the difficulty, " she pauses as she smirks a little. "I always accomplish my cases. " she finished before reverting back to her aloof, and calm composure.

"It's great to know that someone out there finally has the attitude I've been looking for. Now, I've assigned a partner for you. " I bite my tongue back to refrain myself from saying 'he's an asshole.' because if (Y/N) likes to keep things professional, then we'll keep it professional. "He can be difficult most times, but I trust you to be good to him none the less. "

"Whoever this man may be -from the pronouns you've used- I can assure you that he shall be what I'd like to call.. Added challenge. But he will not get in the way of the cases."

'God, she sounds like Connor. '

My lips twitch into a smile, but I stop myself. I then stand from my lovely office chair, then out to open the door.

"REED! GET YOUR ASS IN HERE! " I wince at the thought of what (Y/N) may think of me right now, but to shrug it off as I went to sit back down and wait for that lazy ass to come in.

GAVIN'S POV
'What does that phcker want now?! '

I groan as I hoist myself off my chair and throw the empty cardboard cup of coffee into a trashcan nearby. Fixing my hair, and shoving my hands into my leather jacket, I stomp my way to Fowler's glass container.

As I near the office, I notice a woman seated down in front of his desk, they didn't look like they were talking, so I just barged in there with my usual scowl on.

"What? " I spit. Now that I'm getting a closer look at her, she looked kinda monotone. Showing little to no emotions. I don't see a LED anywhere, she's probably just some phcked in the head woman or something.

"Gavin, this is your new partner. "