Chapter 3

The next day, Elsa was walking down the corridor towards the Great Hall when she noticed the stares and whispers directed towards her. She shook it off as she took a seat next to her sister, who was staring seriously at a Potions textbook.

"Someone seems pretty studious early in the morning," she commented as she loaded her plate with the delicacies placed before them.

Anna looked up and smiled, placing the book on the table. "And someone finally decided to show up for breakfast. What took you so long?"

"Frollo made me run a few errands early in the morning. Seems like he's still pissed about getting his ass kicked yesterday."

"Speaking of which," Anna grinned slyly and Elsa instantly knew she wasn't gonna like whatever her sister had on her mind, "what was all that with Frost yesterday, huh? You guys were getting pretty chummy."

Having mastered the skill of hiding her emotions in front of her sister -and anyone else for that matter-, Elsa just gave an indifferent shrug. "I don't know what you are talking about."

Elsa hoped the conversation would end there but obviously, Anna had other plans. "Oh come on!" Her sister insisted as she nudged her, "Everyone saw what happened yesterday. No one expected Jack to come bursting in the minute you were threatened."

Elsa continued to look indifferent as she calmly ate her food. "It was just a coincidence, Anna."

But Anna didn't seem to believe her as she stood up and shouldered her bag, her Potions textbook in hand. "Keep telling that to yourself." And just like that, she turned around and sashayed out of the Hall.

Elsa sighed, finishing her breakfast quickly before heading to her own class. Her legs were on autopilot as her mind wandered in thought, rerunning Anna's words in her head. She pretended not to notice all the attention she was receiving for just walking to her class.

Elsa was used to having attention on her all the time. She was the Head Girl after all. Students looked up to her while a few others even envied her, all for the same reasons. She was popular -she couldn't deny that- with the teachers and students. And she didn't mind the attention because that didn't change who she really was.

But this time... This time felt different. They were staring at her weirdly and whispers followed her everywhere. Assuming that another ridiculous rumour must've spread, Elsa didn't let the attention affect her as she entered her class and took a seat with Astrid.

They exchanged pleasantries and quietened down when Frollo entered their class. Elsa cast a quick glance around the class, noticing that Jack had not yet arrived.

She paused when she realised that she was searching for Jack -again- and looked forward stubbornly as Frollo placed a cauldron on his desk. He removed its lid and Elsa was suddenly met with a whiff of fresh air, like the winds that blow against your face when you're standing at a great height. The smell then changed into a weirdly familiar one, which reminded Elsa of all the days she spent playing in the snow with Anna.

"As I informed in our previous class, we shall finally be continuing your study of Amortentia. We're not gonna waste our time with the basics which you've already learnt last year. So, open your books to page 115 where y-"

"Made it!"

Elsa blinked in surprise as every head in the class turned to the door where Jack had made his grand entry by throwing open the huge wooden doors. His pure and child-like grin turned sheepish when met with the rest of the class and Elsa swore he turned pink and looked away in those two seconds when her eyes met his.

Seeing the enraged look on Frollo's face, Jack couldn't help but smirk. "Hello Professor," he bowed dramatically, tipping his imaginary hat.

"Mr. Frost-!"