Unthinkable; Ymir

Rolling my eyes, I kicked my feet up on the principles desk as he stared at me with his long, skinny fingers interlocked with themselves. Currently, I was in the principles office, receiving a really boring lecture. Why? Well I punched a freshman in the face. You see, it was not entirely my fault. He had the nerve to spill his purple juice all over my favorite gray hoodie, and didn't even apologize.

Okay, maybe he tried to apologize, but I stopped him with my fist. I was already having a bad day, and he had to go and fuck it up some more! How many more people do I have to punch before they get the memo, I have ZERO tolerance. Fuck. Why do I have to be in here anyway? It wasn't my fault.

I casually checked my nails as Mr. smith spoke, his gigantic eyebrows changing shape each word he spoke. I swear they're alive. I know it. They have a mind of their own, and once they start growing back from his monthly wax, they cannot be stopped. Like a mini army of hairs trying to take over parts of his forehead.

I smirk at my thoughts, resisting the urge to laugh. And just like always, he ruins my fun, even when he doesn't know what it's about.

Slamming his huge fist on the desk, he stands up and glares at me. "Ymir! I am sick of this! Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall!" He snarls, his brown jacket making a whipping sound as he makes hard hand gestures.

"I'd rather be a brick wall right now, to be honest. You're annoying." I huffed, pulling my legs off the desk and pressing my elbows into my knees while hunched over.

"That's it. Detention everyday for 5 weeks. From the time school gets out, 2:30, to 5:00."

Hearing this, I sprang out of my seat. "But-"

"No buts. Get out of here. Wait in the main lobby while I sort out some things and figure out where to put you for the rest of the day." He shoo's me away, sitting back behind his unusually large desk.

"Ugh, whatever. Like I'll show up anyways." I groan and walk out into the main lobby, slamming the door behind me.

"What'd he give ya!? Detention? Summer school? A HECK LOAD OF HOMEWORK!?" My vision was blocked by brown hair and shitty glasses, none other than Ms. Hanji Zoe.

I don't have any classes with her, but all I know is she's the wacko science teacher who is too interested in my personal life for comfort. It's like all she does is try to figure me out. Ha, good luck.

"Could you not? I really just want to sit down." I try to push passed her, my bored and annoyed expression clear on my freckled face.

"Noooo! I have to know these things!" She laughs madly, looking up to the sky and raising her fists in the air. "Because I'm your teacher! Yes, I'm your teacher. Please tell me!" She places her hands under her chin, grinning and batting her eyelashes. Gross.

"First of all, I don't have you in any of my classes," I move away from her, plopping down on the couch in the lobby. "Second of all, I hate you. Why would I tell you?"

"So it's detention, hmm?" She hums, taking my hands and yanking me out of the seat. "I run detention! We'll be together all the time!" She lets go, running out of the lobby and yelling boo-yahs all through out the halls until I couldn't hear her annoying voice anymore.

I raise my hand to pinch the bridge of my nose, hoping that I don't have to deal with any more craziness for the rest of the day.

-----

About four hours have passed, only two more hours of school left now. I'm still in the lobby, waiting for someone to tell me where to go or what to do. Has Mr. Smith forgotten that I'm here? Oh well, I'm fine with that.

I was about to fall asleep when the lobby entrance chimed, signaling that someone has came in. I'm thinking it's somebody to come get me, but it's just a girl named Annie. She's tall, almost my height, and muscular, like me. She always wears that look on her face that just says bored, just like me. We're both cynical as hell, and would probably be friends or whatever but we never really talked before. I mean I don't hate her, nor do I like her. She's just that girl that reminds me of me.

Annie glances at me, her strange blue eyes low as she walks to the office, probably for tutoring. And she stays there pretty long, because before I know it it's 30 minutes until the bell rings and she's still not out.

The door chimes again, and in comes a flustered little blonde girl with a fretful look on her face; Krista. Krista is said to be one of the nicest, sweetest girls in school yet she dates one of the most cynical girls around, Annie. Why? I don't know. Shouldn't she date someone with an actual heart?

In my peripheral vision I see the girl staring at me with her big blue eyes, and it honestly makes me feel weird. Like damn, I know I'm a bad kid but must you stare at me like I'm an animal in the zoo? Sheesh.

I look up at her and our eyes lock for a second, then she blushes a rose red and looks down at her white docs, then back at me and gives a cheeky smile and a wave. I cut my eyes away from her and back at my nails, inspecting them. In the corner of my eye I can see her frown then fiddle with her pastel pink sweater. Weird. She smiles at me, yet I'm sure she knows what type of person I am. Most people wouldn't bother showing friendly behavior to me because they know they won't get much back, but she did. Huh. Whatever.

I don't have any classes with her, but all I know is she's supposedly as close to a goddess we can get around here. Yeah, right.

Annie finally emerges from the double doors with that cynical look on her face, and even when she sees Krista it doesn't change. Aren't they supposed to be all lovey dovey? Oh yeah, Annie doesn't have a heart. Ha.

After exchanging words and seemingly awkward hugs, they walk out. I sense something's wrong when Krista's face droops down into a worried expression, as if she's done something bad. Pshh. The worst thing she's ever done has to be drinking straight from the milk carton.

As they leave, I also sense a false happiness. Annie's smile, though small and barely a smirk seems forced, while Krista isn't even smiling. Strange those two are. I wonder what goes on between that unthinkable couple.