Detention; Ymir

Yesterday, I saved Krista Lenz's ass. It was in the middle of the ghetto, where the crooks run wild and the dealers get rich. She was getting harrassed by the dweeb that owes me money and his bitches. To be honest, if it was any other person harrassing her, I probably wouldn't have done anything. Yeah yeah, that's mean and heartless but that's just me. Plain old mean and heartless. I don't care about anything except me, myself, and I. 'Cause that's all I got in the end-no Beyonce. Great, now that song is going to be stuck in my head all day.

"Great. A new brat I have to deal with." Said a very angry, short man walking into the room. Mr. Ackerman, my new teacher.

They switched my classes because apparently I don't "mesh" with my old teachers and classmates. Oh well, they're all idiots. I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms, staring at Mr. Ackerman with an eyebrow raised as students piled in the room.

"Hate you, hate you, hate you- oh I despise you..." I mumbled under my breath as the students I newly hate came in and filled in the seats.

All the seats in the front were filled, but everyone avoided the empty back of the room probably because i'm here. Good. I like it that way. They know not to bother me.

"Hey, Mr. Ackerman i'm sorry i'm late..." A flustered Krista ran in, dropping her binder once her eyes landed on me. I simply smirked as she slammed the late pass on Mr. Dickheads desk and picked up her loose papers in a rush.

The only seats left were around me, so she'd have to sit next to me. Ugh. Now I have to hear her apologizing like a whiney kid to me for saving her ass.

"Well? Sit down, idiot." Mr. Ackerasshole snapped at Krista, pointing at the seat in front of me.

She frantically sat down and immediately put her head down while the teacher just stared at her and shook his head. Mr. Ackerman began teaching math, and lost me completely when he started going into algebraic stuff. Krista had her head lifted up now, and she was working mighty hard on whatever assignment this was. I just kind of sat there, slouched, spinning the pencil in my hand like a knife, staring at the back of her blondehair. For some reason I found myself constantly daydreaming about the events of yesterday. Krista looked a little too cute when she was scared out of her mind. Ugh.

"Okay, brats. You have a project. So take this paper, read it, and don't complain." The short man gave each row a specific amount of papers, and the kids passed it back.

Krista must've been nervous to pass it back to me, because she failed and dropped it due to her hand shaking so much. I shook my head and placed my hand on her forearm as she reached back to return my fallen paper to me.

"Loosen up, idiot."

Her breath caught in her throat, and she turned red at my touch. She put the paper on my desk and turned around without saying a word. I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"I've chosen your partners so listen the fuck up, dweebs." Mr. Ackerman shouted, silencing the room. Is it even okay for him to cuss at us like this? Whatevs. I silently waited for him to call my name and pair me up with some goob. "Ymir and Krista."

Wow. Really? Ugh. Atleast it's the person I don't hate THAT much. I mean, she's kind of cute y'know? Can't hate a cutie. Ew. Did I really just say that? I don't like anyone in this school. They're all major dicks.

"Okay, well, good luck Krista. I'm out." I began packing my folders while she furrowed her blonde eyebrows.

"Wait, you can't just leave! This project is 50 percent of our grade, if we don't do it, my grade will drop to an F!" She said, turning red and standing up, placing her palms on my desk.

I raised my brows and smirked, "Well, who's going to stop me?" I stood up, towering over the short girl who couldn't be more than 4"11.

She immediately shrunk back down and shook her head, starting to write stuff down on the paper. I picked up my things and left, ignoring Mr. Ackermans calls for me to return.

Taking my seat on the roof, I pull out my lighter and a cigarette, then take a long drag.

Honestly, fuck school. I'm only here because everyone keeps nagging about it being illegal not to go. Who cares? When i'm done, i'm going to start selling drugs again. Yeah, yeah. It's risky. So what? Quick money is worth the risk. I've got nothing to lose anyway. I lift the lighter up to my cig, watching the end light up orange and then take another drag. I've been slowly killing myself since about 7th grade, when Becky Hiro passed me that cigarette. It was terrible. I started coughing and thought I was going to die. Ha. The good old times.

Staring over the trees as smoke leaves my slightly parted lips, I feel a presence behind me. Turning around I see Krista. That's unexpected. I figured it'd be a teacher.

"How did you know I was up here?" I turn around and continue to stare at the pretty trees.

"I-I...I don't know. Whenever I was late to first period i'd see you here from the parking lot." She stuttered, standing behind me as if she's scared to be near me. Probably is.

"So. What do you want?" I knock some ash off of the cig, and onto the roof.

"I uh, I don't even know...I shouldn't be here..." I could hear her take a deep breath.

"Yeah. You really shouldn't." I said flatly, rolling my eyes.

"I guess I felt like I didn't repay you enough?" I raised an eyebrow and waited for her to continue. "Um, you really saved me yesterday. They would've r-raped me, Ymir." The way she says my name makes me tingle. Why? I don't know..it's hot? Ugh. "I don't know what I can do to repay you but i'm really-"

"Annoying." I cut her off and stand up, tossing my cig. "It's okay. What you can do is that project, and without me."

I brush her shoulder as I walk down to the door that leads into the building, leaving her staring out into space. She's probably going to think of me as less than her savior now, but oh well. I don't care. I don't care about her.

"Hey, idiot," From down the hallway I hear Mr. Ackerman call. "I'll see you in detention."

Ugh. How pleasant.

-------

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. AND THIS SUCKY CHAPTER. STAY TUNED BC I PROMISE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE WAY BETTER.

ILY GUYS (:

<3