Unthinkable; Krista

"Krista," Annie hisses at me, grabbing my cheeks in her hand and and smushing them together while pushing me into the wall. "Why did you wave at her?"

"I-I...please let go!" I struggled a bit in her grasp, trying to get away.

Her eyebrows furrowed in anger and she let out a nasty snarl, throwing degrading words at me. She wrapped one hand around my throat, yanking me away from the alley wall and slams me into the other one. I wince as she chokes me with one hand, my small ones trying to pry her oddly strong arm off.

"I'm sorry," her open palm collides with my cheek, turning it bright red. "I don't believe you answered my question." She loosens her grip to let me answer.

Gasping out in short breaths I cry out, "She looked s-so upset! I just wanted to make her feel better!" She lets go and crosses her arms. I'm going to get it for real. "I-I'm sorry!"

She brushes some of her blonde hair out of her face before head butting me, causing my vision to blur momentarily. She's got that wild look in her eyes, like this is what she lives for. Hurting me. Like it's the only way for her to feel anything.

"Why? Why do you always try to make others happy? Is she going to return the favor? No. Probably not." She drives her knee up to my stomach, making me double over in pain. I can taste my tears now. "The only person you need to make happy is me. Got it?" She takes a handful of my long bright blonde hair and lifts my head up gently to face her.

"G-got it." I agree, because it's true.

The reason why I need to make her happy is because I owe her that. She saved my life. I owe her everything. Annie Leonhart deserves everything I can give her.

Standing up straight, she shakes her head at me and replaces her psychotic expression with a calm, stoic one. "Tch," she turns and begins exiting the dark alley. "find your own way home. Love you, Krista."

"I...I love you too, Annie." It's true. Or at least I want it to be.

After she leaves and I'm sure she's gone, I slide down the brick wall with my head in my hands. My usually unflawed skin will be covered in bruises tomorrow. Of course I'm used to it though. Annie always lashes out like this, usually it's worse. She must've had a good day.

God, I'm so dumb. Why did I wave? I've told myself this before, many times:

"I only need to please Annie." I slap my head, "Why can't you get that through your dumb blonde head!?" I yell at myself, not caring if the people outside the alley can hear.

They don't know me. And they're probably some dumb thugs. Fuck. Now I know why Annie dragged me all the way out to the broken side of town. So she could leave me, a tiny 4 foot 9 inch teenager, to get mugged or jumped. Sometimes I wonder why she hates me so much. I mean, why save me just to hurt me all the time? She might as well let me die.

I probably will be dead after this walk though. I push myself up and stand, wobbling a bit. Black spots obscure my vision, I must've gotten up too fast.

"Ugh.." I shake my head and exit the alley, my sleeves covering my palm as I clench them tightly.

The streets are stained with graffiti and oil, and oh my gosh, I think there's some blood as well. As I look around I see that everyone is dressed it dark earth colored clothing, while I'm dressed like a Barbie doll. I stick out like a sore thumb. All eyes are on me as I walk the streets, my cheeks red from embarrassment.

As I walk, all I can think about is Annie. Does she even love me? Surely if you love someone you would not beat them. But then again, maybe it's my fault. I'm the one who waved at Ymir, the tall, hot, bad girl of the school. Did I just call her hot? I should only think Annie is 'hot'. The more I think about it, the more I feel it wasn't worth it. Ymir didn't even smile back or wave, she just cut her eyes away from me and looked at her nails as she always does. I knew she would do that, so why would I even bother? Ugh. I'm so stupid. So nice and stupid.