Meeting His Mother (Demoman x Reader)

This chapter was suggested by @pywritex ! I'm sorry it took so long for this to come out!
This is an AU where the administrator really used all of her australium and died so the mercs don't know what to do anymore. This also takes place in present time just because.
This chapter contains a trigger warning about the absence of a parent so please skip you wish to not see that.
————
You've been dating Tavish Degroot for nearly a year now. You guys were inseparable - except for a drinking problem Tav has. Ever since you met him as a RED/BLU mercenary he was never seen without a bottle of alcohol in his hand or pocket.
You've been trying to break that habit of his ever since you've became friends. He's down to only one bottle a day which may not sound good but it's an absolute win to whoever knows him and cares enough about his life.
"Hey y/n, why don't we go meet my mother this week?" Tavish walked up behind you, making you freeze from shock.
"Wh- isn't your mom in Scotland? We're here in America, there's no way we'd be able to do that which a job like this." You sadly explained. A wave of regret consumed you as Tavish's face darkened.
"Y/n are you feeling well? The entire team is going on vacation next week. Now that we have nothing else to do, Spy's being nice enough to let us travel with him around the world. I thought everyone got that email from him." He said worryingly. You finally snapped out of your date of amnesia. You must not be getting much sleep because now you're forgetting exciting information you just learned about a few hours ago.
"Oh my gosh, I totally forgot!" You exclaimed "I still forgot where we're going though."
"Spy says we're going to our home countries. Starting here in the US for Engineer, Soldier, and Scout. I'm surprised is even being nice enough to let us annoy him for three months."Tavish said.
^Woohoo, Time Skip^
After being to The US, France and Germany, you've made it to Scotland! You've just landed and everyone is going through the security checkpoint. Tomorrow is the day you're going to meet Tavish's mom. How exciting! From Tavish's stories, she sounds like a great lady. She seems to nag him a lot but that's just what a mom does, right?
It's late in the night when you finally made it to the hotel you're staying in for a week. As soon as you reach your bed you passed out. It's been a long day with the traveling and everything.
The next day you woke up early to get ready to go out and meet Tav's mother. You wore a simple long sleeved shirt with jeans and a light jacket.
"Someone's eager to meet me mum." Tavish said from the breakfast table.
"Of course! I haven't had a real mom since I was 5 so I'd like to jog some of my memory on how it felt to have one." You kept your happy face on, but on the inside you were really hurt. Your mom was arrested for narcotics abuse and even after she was released, she never came back. Your father committed suicide 20 years later after never finding another love after all of his attempts.
"Y/n, I know you're not happy inside. Please don't try to hide your true self to me. I'll love you no matter what."
"That's w-what killed my dad, Tavish" You choked up.
"You can't live in the past like that, anyways, I think my mum will cheer you right up when we meet 'er."
You two drove to the DeGroot house after driving for a while. It was surprisingly large. You were shocked that the The Demoman would have lived in there.
"Why, who's out there? I didn't order anything online in the past month!" An elderly voice called from the doors of the house. She had a strange mechanical device over her eyes. It almost looked like a virtual reality set, but white and a lot thinner.
"Tavish? Is that you? I can recognize that handsome face anywhere!" She must be his mother. She smiled and stumbled a little bit as she made her way to your boyfriend.
"Hey, mummy." Tavish calmly smiled as she hugged him. "Y/n, this is my mom, Tilly DeGroot. Mom, meet my girlfriend/boyfriend y/n." He happily pointed at you.
"You have a date? I didn't know anyone would ever love you with that drinking problem of yours." She shouted.
"Actually, y/n was the one that helped me out of that drinking problem." He cooed at you. Proud that he is finally sober after so many years.
"So that explains why you were there one driving! I know for sure no one would trust you with the wheel if they had a brain! Anyways, come inside, I was making a small cake for myself but I guess I could share with you two." She walked inside and you followed. Tavish got a strange box from the trunk and locked the door behind him.
"Tavish, go make yourself at home. I'm going to talk your lovely boyfriend/girlfriend for a bit." She shouted.
Mrs.DeGroot motions you to sit down with her at the table.
"Hello y/n! Lovely to meet you! So, how long have you known my son?"
"Two years. The second year we started dating." You replied. You were a little confused where to look because of that thing covering her eyes.
"Sorry if this is rude to ask, but what is that thing covering your eyes?"
"They're my eyes! I'm actually blind so Tavish bought me these so I could take care of myself while he is gone. Technology really is amazing isn't it?! Oh, also, do you know he's a mercenary? He has a multi-million dollar salary! You were smart to start dating him. Though I don't think he deserves it."
"Yes ma'm. I actually work as a mercenary too. We met through work and I make a similar amount to him."
"Why not the same amount? You look more worthy than my son over there." She gestures to Tavish as he's eating a bag of chips on the couch.
"I haven't been working as long as him so my pay isn't that high yet."
You spent the next hour talking to Mrs.DeGroot while Tavish just sits on the couch being the third wheel watching his favorite shows.
Afterwards you ate dinner with her and talked some more and made fun of Tavish's baby pictures.
"Oh wow, it's already 12:00? We really should get back to the hotel." You looked at the clock. You knew you could always visit tomorrow but you were sad you have to leave.
It was only one day and you already felt like this house was your home. You couldn't wait until you can see her again.