Chapter 1

I have read many stories about marriage, and they were all composed of happy memories for most people, including my parents. When my mother was still alive, she used to tell me all the happenings on her wedding day. She was really happy about it, so I thought to myself how magical and wonderful it is to experience that kind of event, but right now I take those back, today is far from what my mother told me.

I really miss you. If only you were still alive, I bet you would not agree to any of this. Right, mom?

I walked out of the car and started walking towards the entrance of the church.

Where's my father? Why is Younghyun waiting for me instead of him?

Younghyun offers me his arm, so I linked mine with his. He smiles at me, "You look ravishing."

I raised an eyebrow, "Thanks, but can I ask you a question? I know you act more like a father towards me, but seriously why are you taking his place even in this kind of situation?"

Younghyun lets out a sigh, "He won't make it. There's an emergency in the company."

Disappointed but not surprised. No matter what the circumstance is, it seems like I would never get the chance to feel his support and love.

Younghyun looks at me worriedly, and then he squeezes my hand.

"I am used to him being like that. Why would I be surprised? He agreed to this without even consulting me."

"Liu-"

"Don't feel sorry for me, my dear brother. Besides, it's not your fault and will never be. I'm okay because you are here beside me. " I said, then I gave him a reassuring smile.

He shakes his head at me, "Shall we?" He asked while gesturing his free hand to the entrance.

I take a deep breath before giving him a nod. As we enter the church, all of the guests turn to look in our direction. Their eyes are on us now.

Gosh, I really hate it when I am the center of people's attention. Just hang on and fake a smile. This will be over soon. I thought to myself.

As we slowly walk down the aisle, people begin to whisper. I am not sure if the words coming out of their mouths are praises or they are just talking about my misery. I pass by my friends, Yeri and Rosé are smiling brightly at me.

"You are a goddess." Rosé mouthed while giggling.

Yeri takes photos of my brother and me, "Wow, the Kang genes are no joke." She said.

Younghyun and I both laugh at the comment, "Talk to you guys later." I mouthed.

We continue to walk, and when we reach the altar, my brother lets go of me. I unlink my arm from him, and then we both let out a sigh.

He kissed my crown and said, "I'm sorry."

I playfully punch his arm, "Please, it's not your fault." I said.

He turns to Hyunjin, "Please take care of her." He said while giving my hand to him.

What? Why did he say that to him?

Hyunjin gives him a nod while taking my hand in his, and then together, we walk towards the priest.

Well, this is awkward.

The priest starts the ceremony, and while I, on the other hand, am lost with my own thoughts.

When my brother let go of me, I suddenly felt my heart become heavy. Reality slaps me and makes me realize that I will have to kiss my dreams and my old life goodbye after this wedding. My thoughts were interrupted when the priest asks us to recite our vows. Just as expected, he was shallow, and I bet he just got it from the internet, while mine was kind of personal because the lines that I just said are included in a letter that I didn't have the chance to give to my ex-boyfriend. I really thought he was the one I'm going to marry someday. I slightly shake my head. I should just focus on the wedding instead of dwelling on the past.

Subsequently, we exchange rings, and then he takes off my veil. We look at each other's eyes emotionlessly.

"This is just for the show." He said before pressing his lips onto mine.

We pulled away from each other immediately. As the loud cheers from the crowd ring in my ears, I feel more numb inside.