Chapter 11

"I- uhm- are you serious? I mean, I don't question your sincerity. It's just. It makes me wonder, why me? What good did you see in me? Especially that we live together, you saw the real me that I don't really show to other people..." You trailed off.

"That's the thing, I saw you for who you really are, and that is the reason why I fell for you. You know all of these sound so cheesy right now, but will you give me a chance?" He asked while giving you a genuine look.

He's so straightforward. You thought, and you felt your heartbeat racing.

Liu, calm down. I know it's been a while since a guy confessed to you, but please get your act together and don't do anything embarrassing.

"Liu?"

"O-okay, i-it's fine with me." You said, and then you mentally slap yourself for stuttering.

"Really? Thank you, Liu!" He said happily. You noticed that he was about to hug you but held himself back. You just gave him a nod.

Both of you get off the car and head to your own rooms. That night you couldn't fall asleep. Hyunjin's words kept playing in your mind and what's worst is that you can't also take a picture of his serious face out of your brain.

He really looked handsome and cool while saying that to me. Wait, what the heck am I thinking right now? I should probably get some sleep. You thought.

The next day, you and Hyunjin made your daily routines. He is still the same. He still greets you good morning cheerfully, puts food on your plate, opens the door for you, and other sweet gestures you don't really acknowledge until you heard his confession yesterday. You find them cute back then, but now they make you uncomfortable.

But I shouldn't feel this way towards his actions. He means no harm. What if, at the end of this, I still can't return his feelings? I don't want to hurt this warm and kind human being. Why did I even say yes to his question yesterday? Whatever, let's just go with the flow for now. Whatever the outcome is, I'll be honest with him.

These are the thoughts running in your head, but you tried your best to shrug them off.

Several weeks have passed since the day Hyunjin started courting you. Your days won't end without him saying a cheesy pickup line. They make you cringe, but at the same they also make your heart skip a beat. Hyunjin also became touchy towards you. You guys started cuddling on his third week of trying to flirt with you. Several months ago, you guys hated each other, so everything right now seems unreal and unbelievable.

"A penny for your thought?" He asked.

You turn to him and give him an apologetic smile, "Sorry I was spacing out. It's just I thought that we hated each other back then but look at us now." You said.

Hyunjin chuckles, "For your information, I did not hate you."

You raise an eyebrow, "The things you said right after we got married, you accusing me of stealing your shirt and you being grumpy towards me-"

"Okay, fine, I was grumpy or irritated at first, but I swear it's not what you think."

"Okay, whatever you say. Another question."

"What is it?" He asked.

"When or how did you realize that you have feelings for me?" You asked while facing him.

He looks back at you and retorts, "Remember that night when I got home drunk, and you took care of me, and then you also made me a hangover soup. No one had ever cared for me before like what you did. That's why I got really touched and overwhelmed. I think that is all where it started. The night we got attacked by, let's not mention who, when you got close to me and treated my wounds, that was the first time you made my heart race, and then when you saved my life, my heart ached when I thought I'd lose you. After that incident, I just found myself wanting to know more about you, and I also promised myself to never stop repaying you for taking that stab for me. I want to take care of you and protect you until my last breath is what I thought while staring at you when you were still at the hospital. What made me really sure about my feelings is when I saw you with Seungmin the other day. I don't really know why, but the thought of you getting back together or just being near him makes my blood boil, so I, therefore, conclude I was falling for you because I wouldn't get jealous if I don't feel anything towards you, right? And I also thought that I don't want anyone else to have you, so I finally made a move."

Upon hearing that statement, your heart began beating fast.

Thump, thump, thump.

"Thank you, Hyunjin. You are the first guy who told me things like that. I really appreciate you and your words. Just to be fair, I would like to inform you that my heart is racing right now."

Hyunjin's eyes widened and asked, "Is it because of me?"

You gave him a nod. Hyunjin can't help himself but smile wide, "Liu, you're driving me crazy, you know that."