Chapter 10

"Liu." A familiar voice called me.

I turn to the man beside me and realize who it is, "Seungmin."

"How are you?" He asked while rubbing his nape. He has this kind of habit whenever he's nervous.

"What are you nervous about? We broke up years ago. It's cool. I'm fine." I said while forcing a smile, but deep inside, I feel awkward.

Where's Hyunjin? He should hurry up.

"Yeah, glad that I don't have an effect on you anymore." He said, and then he lets out a half-hearted laugh.

"Seungmin, you should stop saying lines like that. I'm already married," I said while looking over the entrance.

Hyunjin, hurry up.

"But are you two even in love with one another?" He asked in a serious tone.

I turn to Seungmin and just stare at him. I want to answer, but no words are coming out of my mouth.

I enjoy Hyunjin's company nowadays, and he sometimes makes my heart flutter, but it doesn't come to that point yet, and I think Hyunjin feels the same way.

"Well, we'll never know what will happen in the future, do we? By the way, why are you here?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"I started studying again." He said while showing me his I. D.

"Really, what course?" I asked

"I major in BS Psychology, and after that, I'll go to law school. How about you? How's med school so far?"

"I'm going to earn my medical degree soon. I am so excited. Even though it's tiring, it's going to be worth it-"

I was interrupted when Hyunjin called.

"Where are you?" He asked.

"At the usual spot, where are you?" I asked, imitating his question and tone.

"I'm right behind you." He said, and then he ended the call.

I turned around and saw Hyunjin smiling widely at me, but it faded when he saw who's right beside me.

"Hyunjin! Why do you look like you're not happy to see me?" Seungmin asked while motioning for a hug.

"We just saw each other this morning. What are you doing here?" He asked while hugging him.

"Just paid an old friend a visit, and I think you keep forgetting that I study here too," Seungmin said while giving him a smug look.

"Do you need a ride home?" Hyunjin asked.

"No thanks, I am waiting for Jeongin." Seungmin retorted.

"Where are you guys going?" He asked.

"We're just gonna eat dinner. He's craving for seafood."

"Really? You guys should join us. We're going to go to a seafood restaurant too." I said, then I turned to Hyunjin and asked, "Is it okay for them to join us?"

"Of course."

Minutes later, Jeongin arrived, and we headed to The Red Crab. We ordered lots of food, and since Seungmin and I study at the same med school while Jeongin, on the other hand, is teaching at the university beside our school, we talk about a lot of things while eating. Hyunjin becomes quiet all of a sudden that's why I tried to change the subject. I don't want him to feel out of place.

"How's your business so far?" I asked him.

He lets out a small smile before talking about the happenings in his company. After eating, we went separate ways. Hyunjin and I went home in silence, and before we get out of the car, he calls my attention, "Liu, to be honest, I want to eat dinner with you alone because I have something to tell you."

I turned to him and asked, "Huh? What is it?" He asked while looking directly at my eyes.

"I think I'm slowly falling for you. Would you mind if I court you?"