Running

It's now early in the morning; three am. It was late at Daphne's birthday party yesterday and Lucas and Eliott are sleeping in Eliott's bed, at least Lucas is sleeping, Eliott is wide awake.

It is quiet. Nobody's on the streets and everyone in the apartment is already asleep.

Eliott turns to the ceiling, his thoughts go back and forth, he can't think clearly anymore. He tries to block the feeling, but that is not possible. Eliott closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He opens his eyes again and gets a headache. He looks on his side at Lucas, who is far away in the land of dreams. Eliott is in a deep descent at the moment and is in great gloom. Last night everything seemed to be just fine, so a high peak. But now, in the middle of the night, Eliott doesn't know anymore. He doesn't like to talk about it and doesn't want to hurt Lucas. When the time comes again, in the presence of Lucas, Eliott tries to hide it. But Lucas has long been able to see signals when there is something wrong.

Eliott gently pulls the blanket off and gets out of the bed. He puts on sweatpants that are within hand's reach and walks towards the balcony in the living room. He opens the balcony doors and gets a cold breeze blowing in his face. On the balcony, he leans his hands on the railing and peers into the dark sky.

Without thinking about it, Eliott takes a sweater from the couch and walks outside. His thoughts are getting louder and louder, the voices are getting louder and louder, Eliott is becoming more and more isolated...

Eliott starts running, as fast as he can. Away from his house, away from the streets, away from the light.

After thirty minutes of continuous running, he exhausts against a tree somewhere on the edge of a lake in a forest. He slowly breathes and then looks up. The voices have silenced and Eliott can finally hear himself again. It is pitch dark in the forest.

At one point he let all the darkness wash over him. He sits down against the tree to look over the water and the moon to be shiny. He breathes heavily and wipes off the sweat drops from his forehead.

Time flies and just before the sun rises, Eliott gets up and walks out of the forest. He hears sirens approaching and knows that they are meant for him. He stands in the opening of the forest and waits for the police car to arrive.

Two policemen get out of the car.

"Are you okay?" one of them asks kindly.

Eliott nods and walks towards them. The policemen drop him off at home and tell him when he gets out of the car, "We'll register this."

Eliott walks up to the stairs and opens the front door of his house. He has only just arrived and immediately he sees Lucas in the living room, nervous and worried. Eliott steps into the living room and looks at Lucas.

He asks quietly, "Are you all right?"

"I'm safe," Eliott answers and walks on to his bedroom. He takes off his shoes, sweatpants, and sweater and lies down in bed. Meanwhile, Lucas has followed him and is standing in the doorway looking at how Eliott makes himself comfortable in the bed. A small smile can be seen on Lucas' face. He is relieved that Eliott has returned home safely. Eliott then turns over one side of the blankets and makes it clear that Lucas can lie down next to him. Lucas smiles and slowly crawls into bed.

Eliott lies with his back to Lucas and says, "I'm sorry."

Lucas turns to Eliott's back. "No, I'm glad you're safe and talking to me."

- June 30th, made by skam_tumblr on Instagram and Youtube.