A long list of victims....

It was another beautiful day in Atlanta. The weather was perfect and the park was booming with activity.  He sat there and let the warm sun touch is face. He hadn't felt this free in years. He turned his attention to all of the bright eyed children playing in the park. He'd never had any of his own.  With good reason. Why did he need to? He could have almost any child he wanted. He set his sites on a little brown haired boy and was instantly aroused,  all kinds of thoughts rushed through his mind.  Oh the fun he could have with the little fella. He looked around to see who the little boy belonged to. Usually if you sat and observed long enough, at some point the children usually ran up to the adult who accompanied them. This little boy ran up to no one. He may have lived really close by and walked to the park by himself. If he did, then what luck! The little boy played for what seemed like forever before finally coming out of the sandbox and dusting off the shorts of his spiderman short set. He couldn't have been any older than 7 or 8. Just the age he liked them.

He began got up and left the newspaper he pretended to be reading on the park bench and began to follow the boy. The little guy seemed oblivious to his being followed. The little boy turned down a trail that led to a nearby subdivision. And that's when he decided to seize his opportunity.
"Hi little fella"

Mrs. Jackson got the phone called that every mother dreads. Her son had been missing for more than 48 hours. The last time she had seen him he said he was going to the park.

"Hello Mrs. Jackson? This is detective Lawson with Henry County PD. I believe we hay have found your son, but we will need you to come to the morgue to identify his body to be sure."

Mrs. Jackson hung up the phone with tears in her eyes.

At the morgue, the body lay on a cold slab covered in a sheet. Mrs. Jackson braced herself as they pulled back the sheet.  As they revealed his face she completely lost it. Her precious baby was lying there pale and lifeless and mutilated. " That's my Nathan! What kind of monster could have done this?!" Mrs. Jackson yelled through tears as they covered him back up.

Later in the interrogation room.

"Mrs. Jackson, do you have any idea what your son was doing at the park?"
"He just said he wanted to go and play"
Detective Lawson raised an eyebrow. " and you thought that was a good idea?

After detective Lawson finished questioning Mrs. Jackson she went back to her office where her partner was waiting staring at a map with the locations and pictures of other victims who met the same fate as Nathan Jackson.
Detective Lawson sighed and slammed the folder on her desk and stared at the wall. Such a long list of victims. Similar backgrounds, similar patterns,  same manner of death.
"So I'm done with Mrs. Jackson and she's pretty torn up Nick."
Nick stared up at the picture of Nathan Jackson and shrugged. " I could give two fucks about her son to be honest" then he read the description under the latest victim.

Nathan Jackson
Age: 37
Never married
Resides with mother Norma Jackson
Registered sex offender
13 counts of child molestation
All victims were Male between the ages of 5-8
Served 11 years of a 30 year sentence
Released for good behavior.
Found near children's park with throat ripped out and privates missing.