[10] Alicia Fraught

Claire steadily walked forward, her firm gaze remaining on the girl whose head was hung down.

The girl's slender arms were each hung up with chains as if she had been nailed to a cross, but her legs kneeled onto the floor, bound at the ankle towards the back. Her figure was overall petite, and her skin seemingly as clear as jade, there were two small lumps on her chest and a wave of golden-blonde hair spanned from her head to her back, small bits falling in front of her.

It wasn't until Claire had reached the girl that she noticed a single lock above her chest, it was pure white with a keyhole but seemed to be embedded within the girl's chest. Her azure eyes revealed a luster as new information flooded into her.

[God's Lock: An ancient relic used to seal both power and memories, used on beings deemed a threat to the world itself.]

"Is this your kink?"

[...]

There was a mummer and the girl seemed to shift in spot, the chains grumbled, and soon she was raising her lowered head to see.

There were two protruding fangs from the girl's teeth, but more strikingly, her eyes were the color of crimson red. . .just like her own. This was the first time Claire had met another 'human' aside from her mother who had the same colored irises as hers.

Momentarily, Claire was stunned as she stared into the girl's eyes. Unconsciously, her pure white receded to black and her azure eyes returned to red.

The two of them blinked towards the other.

One tilted her head and the other merely stared.

"Am I finally becoming crazy? Is this an illusion?" The bound girl asked, her voice resounding like an enchanting melody. It was soft.

Claire shook her head, "No, This isn't an illusion."

The eyes of the girl widened, glimmered, but soon dimmed down as she lowered her head back.

"If only you could help me..." The girl murmured.

"I could," Claire replied.

In fact, as soon as their eyes met, she had already held a plan in her head—a plan to release the girl. In fact, all she had to do was touch the chains and it could be completed as easily as breathing.

The girl's body shuddered, still downcast, another murmur escaped her lips, "Please help me from here."

It seemed she was truly desperate to escape from her confines to the point she chose to believe in a person she had just met.

"I'll assume you've already tried to escape?" Claire asked.

"I have. Many, many, times. But this chains restrict my powers. All my struggles were meaningless."

"How long have you been here?"

The girl's expression revealed uncertainty, "I do not know when I first appeared here. From the moment I opened my eyes, I existed in this space. My memories have become fragments. It's dark, there is no sun, and I can't tell the day from the night. It could have been weeks, it could have been years, I've long lost sense of the trickle of time."

Claire raised a brow. That was a strongly worded statement the girl made. A part of her softened ever so slightly.

'How long has she been locked here?' She asked.

[Right now? Five hundred and forty-five years? Give or take a few hundred years.] Igris Neihime replied.

"..."