[28] Heart

Aura staggered up and turned to see a broken body upon the ground. Fieth was breathing heavily and she quickly rushed to his side.

As she picked him up, there were tears in her eyes. She muttered words under her breath as mana flowed between her fingers

"Oh light that guides me. . ."

However, Claire stared at him, unperturbed, "Why do you want to be a hero so badly, anyway? Did you just want to get yourself killed?"

The girl was truly cold. She found it ridiculous that he had fought the beast out of his own will and lost so badly, and seemed to care more about that ridiculousness.

"You don't understand. . ." He breathed heavily, wincing in pain, "My younger brother is the Hero of Light. . .unless I become a hero too, he'll take everything from me. . ."

It didn't take much longer after those words fell that he passed out. Leaving the three young ladies surrounding him to pounder his words.

". . .heal this mortal body, <Light Heal>." Aura's hands waved over him and mana deeper into his body.

A light came and his breathing noticeably returned to normal. However, his leg was still shattered and he showed no sign of waking up soon.

". . .it isn't an injury that can be healed by normal healing Magic. Those can only heal Stamina, external wounds, and at most keep someone alive. . ." The girl said, her hand running down the boy's leg.

Her healing magic would be enough to keep him alive, but not enough to fix his broken body. Her eyes squinted and she clenched her fist as a decision formed in her mind.

She stood up to re-equip her bag then came back to his side.

"I'll take him to find the Demonic Maiden - The Hero of Healing. As long as he's still breathing, she can heal anything, At least, that was what she heard, but even that was better than nothing, "Then, I'll take him to face his brother. If I can go against my own fears, I believe he can too."

She stood up and carried him.

"Thank you for your solace," She bowed then turned to leave

Claire watched the departing girl. A certain question came back into her mind as she asked, once again, "Do you love him?"

Aura stopped and her head turned back. There was a smile on that face.

"I don't know," She replied.

"But I do not hate him."

"That's good enough for me," Claire smiled and turned to Alicia, "Heal him, please."

The Dark elf tilted her head but the vampire had already appeared at her front. Her hand waved over the man, and soon, his body was squirming and wiggling under her control. Crunches rang as bones healed and were set back, and skin closed. His body shook, and he looked as good as new again.

". . ."

"Done!" Alicia nodded, grinning from ear to ear at easily accomplishing the task before hurrying to Claire's side, "Can I suck your blood now?"

". . ." Claire pushed away the vampire that had no sense of timing for a moment and turned to the speechless elf, "What is it?"

"Say. . .are you two heroes too?"

"I don't think so."

The dark elf looked between the two, hardly buying her words, before then bowing, "Thank you."

Standing up, she nodded to herself with a smile, "I'll be going now, then."

As the girl departed, a part of Claire wondered what would happen after they met the Hero of Light. But, seeing as she had made the decision to leave on her own with that boy, she felt that they would be alright.

"Good-luck, then," She smiled, "I wonder what the next adventure will bring."

Discord Server: https://discord

Discord Server: https://discord.gg/vwKhVUR

Wanna help keep my motivation up? Vote

Want more interesting stories? Check out my profile.