A revelation

"Why don't you understand , Khushi ? I love you !!" Shyam screeched , pulling her closer.

"Let go of me, you scoundrel  - I'm going to call Arnav ji !!!" Khushi yelled , struggling to keep him from hugging her again. 

Arnav had seen all that he needed to. He couldn't stand by and let another man molest his Khushi. 

Shyam was about to kiss Khushi when he saw stars. Literal stars , and a burning pain on his jaw. 

Arnav grabbed Khushi's hand and pulled her to his chest , hugging her tightly. 

"Sale sahab..." Shyam started. He wasn't even prepared for the rib -crushing kick that Arnav delivered, his eyes flaming. 

"Arnav ji I didn't  - he .." Khushi sobbed, looking up at him. 

And he surprised her by lightly cupping her face and brushing away her tears.

"I know Khushi. " He murmured, gazing at her softly. He held her shoulders and put her aside, and strode towards Shyam sprawling on the floor .

"Now you. Don't think I'd be letting you go just because Di is pregnant. I'm giving you one last chance  - redeem yourself and handle your duties. And don't fucking touch my Khushi ever again. " He threatened, hauling Shyam up by his collar. 

"This is a misunderstanding, sale sahab .."

"I handle a business worth millions, Shyam. You think your pathetic lies fool me? Seriously ?" Arnav taunted, throwing him towards the railings. 

Shyam wheezed for breath as he tried to control his footing. One look  at Arnav's face and he knew he should make a run for it while he still could . 

Arnav watched the bastard limp away from the roof hurriedly, not even glancing back once. 

"Are you okay?" he asked Khushi , approaching her .

Khushi nodded , smiling up at him. Her pretty hazel orbs were shining with gratitude, and Arnav realized how stupid he'd been. 

Of course she loved him ! She'd always been there for him, no matter what , she could read him like an open book, she understood him better than anyone, she sacrificed a lot for his family, she worried about his health, and she always came back no matter how many times he pushed her away !

How could he not see the love in her eyes before? 

How could he be so blunt ?

He wanted to laugh at himself  - so scared, so apprehensive , and for what ? This was his Khushi , he could tell her whatever he wanted and she'd always understand him !

He didn't know why he'd been so scared of love before  - if love meant this , trusting someone completely, understanding someone so purely, this unconditional connection, promise, this feeling of safety and euphoria, then his Di had always been right  - love was the best thing that could happen to anyone ! 

This profound realization gave him new strength  - strength to be open about his feelings, to be sure about his Khushi , his love.

"Thank you for trusting me , Arnav ji , even though I didn't say anything. " Khushi said, still looking up at him. 

"How could I not trust you? You make it rain confetti for me , Khushi ."

Khushi's lips widened till they formed the perfect, adorable o . 

Arnav smiled at that . He tucked her hair behind her ears, and cupped her face. 

"You..said..what?"  Khushi stammered, her heart racing.