Friends from Lucknow

"You're kidding me right?" Ajay thundered, half getting off his expensive recliner as Dhiman trembled near the door.

"Came in the morning..sir . Anonymous ."

"Anonymous? Anonymous my foot ! Arnav did this shit ! I fucking told Dadi but nooooo . That old hag ruined us all!"

"Sir...AR isn't the one releasing the shares. They're the one buying the shares."

"Buy - what? They're buying? THEY ARE BUYING MY COMPANY ????"

"Um..it's legally Subhadra Mam's company..." 

"Don't patronize me , asshole."

Ajay stormed out of the room, fumbling for his phone in his pocket. He dialed Dadi's number as he stomped into his own bedroom.

"It's seven in the morning, Aju. Are you paranoid?" a sleepy voice murmured through his expensive apple iPhone.

"Very soon it's going to be apocalypse, you stubborn old mule."

"Do not talk to me like that I've warned you a million times."

"AND I'VE WARNED YOU A MILLION TIMES MORE TO NOT UNDERESTIMATE ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA !!"

"What the hell Aju what are you talking about?"

"Wake up, Subhadra Malik. Your company is dropping it's stock value faster than Eminem can rap !"

"Em- what? That's not possible. No one could possibly possess the original papers."

"Why don't you ask your darling Chotte ? AR is the one buying our shares."

"What - are you sure?"

"Yes. All the shares were released around 6:30 in the morning. AR has already bought eighty percent. "

"And you're informing me now?!"

"I just got it now!"

There was static as Dadi presumably hung up .

Fuck my entire life. First Sheesh Mahal , then the entire fucking business.

What else have I left for you to snatch , Arnav

Arnav was trying to convince Khushi that kissing was good for health - which Khushi frivolously and instantly denied, much to his dismay - when there was a loud knock on their door.

"Come in."

"Chotte, why are you buying Lucknow Hand-loom ?" Dadi thundered as soon as she entered .

"Well, it's a profitable business worth millions. Plus the shares were released all at once so buying was easy."

"But-"

"Is there a problem , Dadi?" Arnav asked innocently, his eyes glinting.

Of course there's a problem, you evil old bag . It's your own company !

"No..um...who released them?"

"I assume the original investor did."

"But he's dead!"

"Oh?"

Dadi closed her eyes in regret as the words slipped out, as Arnav stared on, rather superior.

"How do you know the investor, Dadi?"

"I ..don't - it's an old company so I thought maybe..."

"The company is younger than you , Dadi. You aren't dead yet, are you?"

"Talk nicely, Chotte !"

"Right. Sorry. Is that all?"

Dadi nodded, morose , as she backed out suspiciously.

As soon as the door closed , Khushi giggled . " Nice acting, Arnav ji."

"Better than Salman , right?"

"Nah. Not even close. But better than me ."

Arnav rolled his eyes as Khushi laughed and hugged him.

"Everything's going according to plan , Khushi. I hope Akash finds a new investor for us."

"But..you just ruined  Dadi's company , Arnav ji. Why would you need an investor now?"

"Our stock values dropped by five , Khushi. Then we used up around a crore to buy all of Lucknow Hand-loom's shares ....revenge has a cost. "

"Can I help?" 

Arnav was thoughtful for a second.

"Do you want to help?"

"Yes of course. Tell me what to do !"

"Could you start a business? Like..you're a good cook. Why don't you start a tiffin supply business ?"

"Okay. Will you make the necessary arrangements for that?" 

"Of course. I'll tell Aman right away."

Khushi was overjoyed - she'd always wanted to be self dependent, and now her Arnav ji had made it possible !

Excited, she looked at all the boxes in front of her - the shopkeeper kept on bringing more , various kinds of tiffin boxes with various containers, colors, shapes, what not! 

She particularly liked the blue and yellow ones, but they were too small. So she kept on bothering the man at the counter for more. 

Her phone rang, and she swiped up after seeing Nanhe ji on the caller ID.

"Ha Nanhe ji, boliye !"

"Woh Khushi Bhabi , Nannav uch raha tha ki aap kitne dabba max supply kar payenge !"

"Arre Nanhe ji , uch nahi puch ! Tell him I'm willing to supply as much as he needs me to ."

After chatting with NK for a while , Khushi finalized her orders with the supplier and turned to walk out , and bumped hard into someone.

Rubbing her forehead, she looked at the man she'd bumped with. Tall, lean, with tailored smooth three piece that didn't match the mundane suppliers store - it looked royal and smart.

Brown eyes , cropped neat hair, and half a smile stuck on his lips.

"  Hello, Khushi."

Khushi gasped and flashed a wide smile, recognition lighting up in her pretty hazel eyes.

"Are Ajay ji! How are you? It's been so long! Why did you disappear like that the last time in Lucknow?"

Ajay smiled softly. " I'm good. Had to go to sort out some work...it was of utmost importance. It was going good... but now everything's a mess again."

"Is it so? What went  wrong?"Khushi asked, genuinely sorry.

"Well, I kept warning my partner but apparently she didn't listen to me. Now our worst nightmare came true."

Khushi's mobile flashed again- Arnav  was calling her.

" I should get going , Ajay ji- how about we talk some other time ?"

Khushi hurriedly walked out, leaving a contemplative Ajay behind.

Neither of them observed the scrutinizing eyes of a certain Shyam Manohar Jha , observing them from behind a scooter parked outside the shop.

Hi guys! How was this update?

How do you think Khushi knows Ajay?

Also...there's still one player left..the woman whose voice is yet to be identified....

What do you think Shyam is going to do now that he saw Ajay and Khushi?

Tell me in the comments!

And vote if you like!