Omnipresent ASR

Khushi signaled to Arnav with her eyes that Akash was entering through the door.

Dinner was over but Payal was sitting in the living room, waiting for Akash to come home with her present as promised by Arnav. Shyam had persuaded Anjali to sit there so that he could keep an eye on Arnav and Khushi, mainly Khushi. He was sure Arnav wouldn't just sit by and let his  company  grades drop ‒ he'd do something.

Dadi was sitting opposite to Shyam, glaring at her Damad ji . 

Thousands and millions of times I've told that asshole to not stare at that middle class ladki. But no. He stares like a cow, he acts like a cow , he thinks like a cow, he is a cow !

"Bhai , here are the papers." Akash announced the second he was within earshot. 

"Oh brilliant." Arnav muttered, as he held his hands out to take it. 

"Let me see what papers?" Dadi said immediately, taking the papers from Akash's hand.

Akash looked towards Arnav, slightly perturbed. Arnav blinked to assure him it was alright.

"What is this, Chotte?"

"Oh this is the Sheesh Mahal papers. I've rented out the front porch to a banquet service...they need my signature." Arnav said after a pause.

Akash looked at him again, and Arnav just nodded.

Dadi handed Arnav back the papers, satisfied.

That Arjun is scared for no reason at all. Of course Chotte does not have my business papers. How could Arvind even give them. That jerk blew his head off impulsively.

Arnav roughly told Khushi to take the papers up to his room .

"Ahem. " Payal cleared her throat pointedly.

Akash became pale instantly." Er..yeah of course. Wait."

Arnav bit his tongue to stop laughing. 

Let's see what you got, bro.

And everyone stared at Akash incredulously as Akash took out a medium sized potted Lavender shrub from his bag. 

Payal's eyes lit up as she smiled fondly. 

"You remembered?"

"Of course. You like it, right?" 

Payal nodded, tears in her eyes as she lovingly caressed the young green leaves. 

Arnav patted Akash on his back, congratulating him, while Akash mouthed a silent thank you to Khushi who simply smiled in return. 

"Why did he thank you, Khushi? " Arnav asked, taking off his blazer. 

"I reminded him of Jiji's fantasy ‒ she wanted to own a lavender shrub so she could make lavender scented tea or sweets. "

Arnav nodded in understanding, when there was a knock on their door. 

"Come in ." Arnav said quietly.

Akash entered like a thief, tip-topping on  his toes in a way that made Khushi laugh. He closed the doors softly , looking around to make sure no one saw him go in.

"Here's the papers, Bhai."

"Excellent job, Akash. Let me just call CBI and tell them you're eligible to become a spy !"

"Bhai !"

Arnav laughed quietly as he reviewed the folder. Perfect. 

You thought I'd show you the papers? Nah Dadi. I ain't that Chotte that Arjun Chachu threw out anymore.