Chapter 3

Start writing your story It was but a normal Monday morning to (Y/N). Right now, she was getting ready for a hangout with Nancy, a friend of hers. A simple hoodie with a tank top underneath, along with some jeans, was reasonable enough especially now that the news forecast said that was slightly cold today. She accepted the invitation to the mall right away when she had texted. Her job was later on that day so she couldn't see why she should decline. After all, it's been a while since they last met up. Nancy's job was kicking her ass so she couldn't come see her. She honestly missed Nancy. She still worried about her job though because there was the slightest possibility of her being late. She knew she was just being paranoid and it probably wouldn't even happen. A word of advice from her mother was to always think of the worst possible outcome because at least then, she would be prepared.

She looked over her apartment and found it plain. Maybe she really did need that cat or at least a companion. She swept up her apartment keys, her car keys and her wallet in a swift motion and made sure to lock the door. It was sunny today though the strong wind made up for it. She quickly got in her car, put her keys in and turned the ignition. Her car was a black Honda BR-V and she loved it to bits. It took a long time to save up money for it but in the end, it was worth it. It was like her baby and she spoiled it. She made sure that not one part of it was scratched and checked under its hood every week just in case something was wrong. Mechanic instincts probably.

She smoothly drove her way to her local mall. She got frustrated a few times whenever another car would randomly swerve in front of her or when someone jaywalked when the light was green. When she arrived at the mall, there wasn't much people considering it was a Monday, a time when the majority were busy. She quickly got a spot where she could easily get inside the mall. She locked the doors before she left and checked her hoodie pockets to see if her wallet was there and she went through the mall doors after being checked by the guard. Nancy said that they could meet at Starbucks. Honestly, she thought it was a bad choice. It wasn't that she hated Starbucks. It was just that it was always crowded.

When she rounded a corner, she was met with the sight of a crowded Starbucks, just like she had expected. She felt relieved when she saw Nancy from the window sitting on a table for two, fiddling on her phone. Nancy was a beautiful redhead. She had green eyes, short hair and freckles that just fit her. Her black rimmed glasses really did bring out her eyes and made her look paler. For some reason, she would always be wearing a black beanie on her head. Nancy looked up, checking if (Y/N) was there yet, and smiled brightly when she saw her.

(Y/N) smiled back at her speed walked her way into the cafe. When she was close enough, she brought Nancy into a hug. She really missed her best friend. Immediately, Nancy hugged back.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?" Nancy said, the same bright smile practically permanent on her face.

"It has. Didja miss me?" (Y/N) replied, her smile lopsided. Nancy scoffed.

"As if I would miss your oil stained ass." she replied but her smile said it all. (Y/N) giggled at her expression, and Nancy finally cracked and giggled as well.

"We can walk around if you'd like." (Y/N) told her. She didn't like staying in the same spot in the mall for too long. It made her uncomfortable.

"Oh? Oh, sure!" Nancy replied. Nancy stuffed her phone into her purse before hopping off the high stool. Nancy was really tall, really skinny too. She was like a long stick. She put her arm around her shoulders in habit as they always did in their high school years and they were off. Usually, their hangouts together just had light conversations and walking around the mall. They didn't particularly do much but each other's company was enough.