Chapter 4

(Y/N) was already driving her way to the animal shelter, a grin unmoving from her face. She probably looked creepy as hell but she didn't mind. She was going to get a cat! It was about time she had a companion. She thought she was just about to go insane from how her little apartment looked like. It didn't look lived in at all but rather, it looked untouched and much too clean, and that made her feel uncomfortable. She wasn't implying that she wanted the cat to make her home messy but that it felt like no one lived at the house at all. As she promised herself, she's going to get a cat today. If not a cat, then perhaps a dog would do. Anything to get rid of her uncomfortably quiet home.

She noticed that the parking lot was packed with cars. She quickly did her daily routine of locking her car and sped herself to the door. Inside were mostly children holding cats or dogs. Some were crying, most likely because their parents didn't allow them to get their chosen animal, and some were happy and cuddling their new friend. She noticed that most of the animals were all grown. This was probably because of the people that were spreading awareness that most people chose the younger animals. Now that the awareness has spread successfully, the younger ones were picked way less and that was just quite unfair to (Y/N). They spread too much awareness that the scale still remained unbalanced. Their agenda was so spread out and well-known that everyone else listened to it.

There was a young woman standing behind the desk. She wasn't the only employee but she was the only one was currently doing nothing. Perhaps she was the one showing the new people the animals. (Y/N) chose to go up to her. She felt her palms sweat and felt her feet shuffle. She never did like having social interactions when her friends weren't beside her. It felt weird and uncomfortable. There was just a certain pressure every time she talked to someone she didn't know.

"Um, excuse me, miss? I just wanted to see if I can adopt a cat today?" she squeaked out as she curled up more into herself with each word. She purposely avoided eye contact with the girl.

"Oh, right this way, ma'am." the woman said and gestured (Y/N) to follow her to the back. It was relatively quiet minus the fact that she could hear dogs and cats playing around. Then, she heard a puppy yelping and crying. The woman didn't seem to think much of it but (Y/N) did. Puppies crying was always common but no matter what was causing it, it always sounded heartbreaking.

She quickly tapped the woman's shoulders and said, "Can you please take me to where the crying puppy is?". She knew she came here for a cat but it was ridiculous that she changed her mind after hearing a crying puppy.

"Of course." the woman said, seeing as it was a part of her job. She lead (Y/N) over to a small section filled with puppies. Immediately, she noticed that a Husky puppy was the one crying. She was surprised that no one took the puppy home with them yet. Then again, people got more and more scared because of how playful Siberian Huskies were. She thought to herself for a second. The more she thought, the more a Husky was the right match for her own personality. They were both extremely stubborn and playful. She gave a bare hint of a smile.

"Can I see that one?" she said quietly, pointing at the whining Husky puppy with blue eyes. The woman nodded and went to retrieve the pup. The puppy thought that the woman went to play and barked playfully. The woman flinched in surprise for the suddenness but quickly scooped him up and brought him over.

"This is a male 1 month and a half old, gray and white Siberian Husky. He is the most playful compared to his siblings. He, along with his sibling, was found in a box in the side of the road as newborns." she told her, handing him over. He was very fluffy and immediately started licking (Y/N). She laughed when he licked her cheek. He looked at her, his mouth opened and showcasing how relaxed and happy he was in her presence. That was when she knew she fell in love with him right away.