Mercer x Depressed!Anxious!Reader

Requested by~ Al3xTh3B35t :D

I snuck through the small sewer opening, finding a new way to get to the Cistern. I clung onto my wrist, feeling as if maybe sneaking through windows on the highest floor wasn't the brightest idea. Mercer saw me and frowned.

"Are you insane?" He yelled. He gripped my shoulders harshly, shaking me a little.

"I"m sorry I left without telling you..." I whispered.

"Speak up, Y/r!"

"I said I'm sorry..." Mercer shoved me back a little, then walked off. I ran to my room, trying not to cry. When I made it, I slammed my door shut, crying on my bed. I stared at my twisted wrist, sobbing more. 

~

A few hours after repeating to myself that I'm worthless, useless, and just terrible, Mercer got worried and felt a lot of guilt. He slowly walked to my door, hesitating to knock. He sighed and decided not to knock, and just opened my door. He gasped when he saw my bloody wrist, blood on the bed, and blood on my face. He turned pale, then rushed over to me. My wrist was scratched. He thought the worst and made me face him.

"Did y-you..." I realized what he was trying to say, and I saw that it did look like I cut myself.

"No,...you were too busy yelled at me to realize I hurt my hand badly trying to get out of a window." Mercer sighed and grabbed my hand. I winced and pulled back. Mercer groaned a little and gently stroked the blood on my cheek. I blushed. He sat beside me. I hesitated, but leaned on his shoulder. He snuggled up to me, then gripped my wrist harshly, making me nearly scream. I quickly let go, then grabbed it a lot more gently this time. I let out a tiny sob, and Mercer stared at the floor. 

"I-It's okay, M-Mercer...." I whispered out. Mercer shook his head.

"No...I knew I shouldn't have yelled at you." I smiled at him, trying to reassure him. He just turned away from me.

"Please, Mercer,... It really is okay." Mercer got up to leave, but I grabbed his hand and pulled him down. I snuggled into his arm, making him blush slightly.

"I'm...I'm s-sor-" I cut him off by a quick kiss. He froze up, trying to process if I actually did that.

"Did you...j...just..... kiss me? Mercer? The leader of this Guild?" I was thinking if doing that was really the smartest, and backed away anxiously.  Mercer smiled sweetly at this, then held out his hand. I hesitated slightly, but grabbed his hand with my good hand, and Mercer intertwined our fingers. He pulled me to him, and stared into my e/c eyes. The moonlight shining through the window was the only source of light that lit up my eyes. Mercer was smirking slightly. He slowly leaned in, pecking my soft lips. My face was dusted red, as were Mercer's cheeks. I pulled him closer and kissed him passionately. He kissed back almost as soon as my lips were on his. He gently pushed me on my back and I let my hands roam through his longish hair, then He pulled back. 

"I'm glad you forgive me." I quickly hugged him, feeling him hug me back. I felt relaxed and somehow pretty darn happy.

"I'm tired..." I muttered out and he moved to my side. I snuggled into him, feeling him play with my hair.

"Then rest, my love."

569 words