Day 1

Song: Day 1 by Red Velvet

"What they did was wrong and gross, there's no doubt about that, but you made a commitment to Youngjae. No matter how ok he claims to be with Yugyeom going after you, you need to prove that your word is honorable." Before that (Y/N) wasn't sure what to do, but Jinyoung made a sound point. She promised to be Youngjae's girlfriend, Yugyeom being interested didn't take that back. The decision made by the two of them was irresponsible, but after the scare she gave them yesterday, (Y/N) was sure that it wouldn't happen again. Hesitantly this time, Youngjae approached her during their first period. With how upset she was, (Y/N) obviously wasn't able to forget it all in one day, but she was very willing to forgive him. The girl greeted her boyfriend with a smile, attempting to show that she wasn't upset. "Hey, Youngjae." "Hi baby...Are you still mad at me?" "No, it's ok, Youngjae." She assured him with a laugh.

With some sort of normality returned to the friend group, (Y/N) went back to eating lunch with the boys. Anxious about what would happen when she saw Yugyeom, (Y/N) immediately noticed his absence. Everyone convinced themselves that in about five minutes, the youngest would swing the door open as usual, but he never did. With ten minutes left to the lunch period, everyone's eyes were trained on the door, hoping that he'd slam it open. Disappointed and worried they all tried to distract themselves I'm the silent room. Two minutes left of lunch, the door banged against the wall. Out of breath, he held a bouquet of flowers, leaning against the door frame he tried to collect himself. Looking up, Yugyeom frantically scanned the room. "Gosh..I thought that lunch was about to be over, and I ran over here." His friends jumped down his throat, telling him about how he worried them sick. The bell rang, causing everyone to leave, but Yugyeom grabbed (Y/N)'s arm. "Please stay for just a second." She stayed behind to hear the boy out, only to have his bouquet shoved towards her. "Please take it. I did everything wrong. I hurt you and disregarded your feelings. Please take these." Except for the part regarding the flowers, that's what he'd said over the phone. His voice was calmer now, better understood than the frantic, shaking mess it was last night. "Yugyeom, why do you want to chase me in the first place?" "Because I like you. I think about you all day long. I want to be your boyfriend so badly. And then I think about you all night, too.." Now that the words had left his mouth, the last sentence seemed wrong. Rather than being embarrassed, he figured he should go with it. His intense stare, coupled with his words left (Y/N) rubbing the fire from her cheeks. "I tried to stop what I was feeling, but I couldn't. But I promise you, that I'll try harder this time. And if I can't do it, you'll never have to see me again." (Y/N)'s eyes widened in shock. "What do you mean?" "I didn't respect what you would want, and I never want to put you in that position again. I'm afraid of losing you, but when you wouldn't reply to me, I realized that I'd rather never see you again than have you hate me." Stuck between feelings of sadness and exasperation, (Y/N) let out a sigh. "Gosh, you're so dramatic. We're in highschool, Yugyeom." Pinching his cheeks hard she continued. "I don't know how I feel about you trying to get me to fall in love, but Youngjae is the person I promised to date, and I want you to respect that. But don't say you're going to leave, alright dummy?" Winching from the force she pinched him with, Yugyeom nodded.

Now the problem was where and how they would keep the flowers for the rest of the day.

The next few weeks progressed strangely, though they told themselves that there was no competing over (Y/N), Youngjae and Yugyeom would always seek her attention when it was on the other. Not a day went by where Yugyeom properly buttoned his shirt. The young man never got tired of the effect it had on (Y/N), but also found himself genuinely more comfortable. Youngjae on the other hand was a relentlessly affectionate boyfriend, both to make (Y/N) happy and Yugyeom jealous. The subject of the two young men's affection had given up at this point. Though they'd vowed to call off any competition, they'd find themselves battling accidentally. There was no way for the young woman to stop it, so she made sure that if it would happen, it would be on her terms. She hated the possibility that they would do things with her exclusively to bother their contender, so she'd outlawed any purposeful aggravation. Should (Y/N) sense that they were doing anything of the sort, she wouldn't hesitate to shut it down.

Despite treating Youngjae as her partner and Yugyeom as her friend, (Y/N)'s heart was still unsure. At night she'd hope that her heart would grow bigger for one of the boys so that it could end, she especially wished for it to drift towards Youngjae, keeping Jinyoung's advice in mind. The start, middle, and end of every school day stressed her out, as these moments marked a tug of war where she was the rope. Knowing Jinyoung on such an intimate level made (Y/N) vulnerable to his teasing during math. Unbeknownst to his friends, Bambam was no stranger to stress, and could recognize (Y/N)'s agony whenever he saw her and, tired of seeing his friend upset he decided to take matters into his own hands. Draping his arm over her shoulders, Bambam pulled her into him. "Wassup? You tryna go somewhere this Friday? Just me and you. To get away from this shit for a little while, ya know?" Used to her friend randomly putting his arm around her, she didn't question it and instead considered his proposition. "Sure thing!" She looked at him and aniled, before having to hands cover her eyes. "Guess who~?" The culprit asked. "Damn, can't even talk to my girl for two seconds without her boyfriend coming." "Hey! Don't tell her!" "It's Youngjae!" Bam told before he ran away from Youngjae's attempted kick. In the middle of the hallway Youngjae cupped (Y/N)'s face, kissing her forehead. Once he'd done this a pair of arms wrapped around her stomach from behind, a head leaning on her shoulder. Yugyeom peeked up at (Y/N) from her shoulder. "I'm sleepy.." "Then go to bed." Youngjae scolded, pulling his girlfriend into his chest. Yugyeom held on for dear life. Squirming out of the boys' arms (Y/N) playfully smacked Yugyeom, then Youngjae. "Get to class, both of you!" Even when the girl was joking she hit hard. Heads bowed they walked to their respective classes, but not before Youngjae kissed her cheek. With a wink, Yugyeom blew her one and left.

The youngest couldn't kiss her forehead and cheek like his friend could, so he resorted to blowing them. Once when she blowed him one back, he stood up in the middle of English, caught it, hit the woah, and sat back down without a word. Shameless with his antics, Yugyeom had a knack for making the girl he liked laugh. Thinking of that moment, (Y/N) decided to do it as well, putting a smile on her friend's face. Preparing to woah back, Yugyeom was turned around and lead away by a laughing Youngjae. Later that day Youngjae would do something to show his friend up. Bambam was right. She needed a break from this shit.