Ice Cream

My heart was broken. This was the worst day of my life, maybe even the end of the world as I knew it. Boys sucked, people sucked, everything was just terrible and horrible and bad.

       "Aggele!" Silas groaned.

       I wasn't sure if he was protesting my sobs that had become wails, or the fact that I'd just not so discreetly wiped my nose on the shoulder of his shirt. I mean, it was covered in tears anyway, he couldn't be that mad. I nestled further into his chest, enjoying the feeling of being almost entirely enveloped by his arms. Silas had always given the best cuddles. He wasn't afraid of being a total softy.

       "Did you try feeding her chocolate?" Luke asked warily.

       I peered down at Luke where he sat on the floor by our feet, waving a block of chocolate at me hopefully.

       I considered it for about two seconds before I remembered the heart shaped chocolates he had taped to that letter, and promptly burst into a renewed surge of heart broken sobbing.

       Gabriel smacked Luke up the back of the head, "Nice one, dumbass. You made it worse."

       "Won't you tell us what's wrong, Sang?" Kota begged, "You know we'll fix it sweetie, but you have to talk to us."

       "Do you think we should call Derrick over?" Nathan pondered, reaching for his phone. "Maybe she'll tell him."

       I didn't think before I was leaping out of Silas' arms and snatching Nathan's phone and promptly shoving it into my training bra. All of my brothers gaped, looking absolutely horrified by the action.

       Victor reached over and patted a pale faced Nathan on the shoulder gently. "It's okay, I'll buy you a new one," he whispered, probably thinking I couldn't hear. Idiots.

       I narrowed my eyes at them. "I don't want to talk to Derrick, and none of you are allowed to talk to him ever again."

       "Why not?" Kota asked. "You've been hanging out with him all week while we were working on our mission after school."

       "Besides, he's our friend too," Gabriel added.

       "And I'm kind of dating his sister," Nathan said.

       I wrinkled my nose at the reminder, I still didn't think she was good enough for my brother, she was kind of mean. And totally horrible.

       "Fine, you can talk to him, but not about me!" I shot back.

       "Did he do something to you?" North growled, sounding instantly threatening and mad.

       I'd promised myself I wouldn't tell them about what had happened, but I think my face crumpled up again at North's words, which seemed condemning enough.

       "I'll kill the bastard!" North roared.

       The rest of my brothers were on their feet in an instant, looking confused but determined to shed blood nonetheless.

       "Stop it!" I yelled at them.

       I poked Silas in the chest until he sat back down onto the couch, then I climbed back into his lap and tucked myself into his remaining clean and dry shoulder. I twisted my hands together nervously, this was going to suck.

       "He asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend on Saturday, and I said yes." I blurted out.

       They all had huddled around me, and the looks of horror on their faces were undisguised.