39

"Thank you, Shawn." I smiled softly at him as I walked past his car. He nodded. "You should talk to him." He said simply and I nodded. I walked up the driveway and through the side door. "Greyson." I called. After a few seconds he appeared from the downstairs gym. "Hey." He smiled, walking over to me. "I'm sorry about lunch today." I nodded, kicking off my shoes and hopping on the kitchen counter, sipping my water bottle. "So...are you going to continue to lie about where you were today or am I supposed to act like I didnt know you weren't at the office?" "I know what you're thinking, I wasn't with another girl." He sighed. I rolled my eyes.

"You're a lot of things Greyson, but I know you meant it when you said you love me." I had enough trust in him, despite past happenings, that he wasn't with another girl. "I just didn't want you to worry." He said cautiously. "And why would I be worried?" He leaned against the counter in front of me and hesitated. "I've had a lot of pint up anger lately, you know, with everything going on and you telling me not to do something stupid. Which, I'm not saying is a bad thing, I know you're right when it comes to that situation. But I can't help wanting to punch everything in sight. And rather than stabbing the first person to get on my nerves for the day I figured it was best to channel it elsewhere." I nodded, waiting for him to continue. "So David suggested I try out this boxing thing. I've been going for a few days just beating up the bag but today it was a straight up boxing match.
Like a no rules, anything goes boxing match." I stayed silent, not having anything to say, because I knew if I spoke right now I'd say something I'd want to take back later. I hummed in response, sipping my water again. He walked between my legs, taking my face in his hands, making me look at him. "Jules" He whispered. I noticed a couple very small bruises on his face. "You can make your own choices. You don't need me to baby you. I am not naive to what you're capable of or your darker side. You can do whatever you please." I said simply, which he wasn't expecting. "Are you okay?" He asked, even more cautious than before. I nodded.
"Just tired." I offered him a small smile, sliding off the counter. "I love you." I said, placing a soft kiss on his lips before heading up the stairs. "I love you, Jules." He said back.

Greyson walked into the kitchen, a smile on his face. I raised my eyebrows at him and he grinned. "This is suspicious behavior." I said and he laughed, pouring a cup of coffee. "Look, I know things have been a bit much lately. And I appreciate you not fighting me on Shawn, I know you want your privacy." I squinted my eyes at him. "Did Shawn say something to you?" I asked. He furrowed his eyebrows. "No? Why?" I shrugged, telling him to continue. "Anyways, Adam and I have arranged a girls day for you and Marissa. And no Shawn today, well for a few hours at least." A grin grew on my face. I got out of the chair and hugged him. He chuckled, kissing me softly. "Thank you, Grey." He smiled. "Anything for you baby." I rolled my eyes playfully, kissing him again.

"We've got some things to talk about." I said, pointing at him, sitting back in my chair. "Uh oh." "Uh oh is right. I was talking to Kensey yesterday when I went in and I cannot believe you are only giving her off the week before her due date. And let alone not giving her paid maturity leave." I glared at him. "Be happy she gets that." He mumbled and I threw an apple at him. "What the fuck Jules? That hurt." He said, rubbing his head. "You can more than afford to do that. Kensey has been there for years, never gotten a raise and is the sweetest person in the building. She looks like she's about to burst." He just raised his eyebrows at me and I crossed my arms. "Would you make me work until I was in the hospital and make me come back immediately?" I challenged and he scoffed. "Your ass would be in that bed all day everyday." I rolled my eyes, though he's proving my point.

"She deserves it. Do it Grey or I'll do it myself. And if you don't you'll be sleeping alone for a while." I mumbled the last part. "Is that a threat, Ms. Davidson?" "You bet your ass it is." I took a bite of my bagel, holding the same glare he threw my way. "Fine." He mumbled. "Two months." "Four." "You're being ridiculous. Three." I smirked. "Thank you." He rolled his eyes. He made another cup of coffee, and made a plate of the food I had cooked this morning. "Now That that's settled, we need to talk about your new extracurricular activity." He sighed. "It's not as bad as you're probably picturing." "If you're going to do it, be safe. I know you have a lot of pent up anger. But I don't want you getting hurt. I will kick both of your asses if anything happens to you. And while I know you can handle yourself remember you've got someone worrying about you now. And I don't want to have to kill David for letting you be used as a human punching bag." "That sounds kinda counter productive, baby." I glared at him. "I don't want anyone else hurting you. It's a different story if you deserve it." He chuckled. "Alright, Alright, I get it." He said over dramatically but smiled anyway. "I like that you worry." He leaned over, kissing my cheek. I hummed, side eying him.

"Stop." I groaned, pushing his hand away. "Baby, just take it." He chuckled. "I don't want it." I wiggled out of his grip as he tried to slip it in my pocket. "It's not even my high limit card, it's just my debit card." I rolled my eyes. "I know exactly how much is in your account because I pay your bills every month." I crossed my arms. He wrapped his arms around my waist, kissing my neck softly. "If you don't take it I will transfer you money." He mumbled. "And I'll send it right back." He groaned in frustration. "Fine" He smirked. "I'll just give it to Marissa then and tell her to pay for everything." He said, seeing her walk off the elevator with Adam. I huffed, snatching it out of his hand. "You'd be bankrupt by tomorrow." I mumbled and he grinned, kissing me. "Please just get yourself a few things, you deserve it." I ignored his statement and kissed him again, running my fingers through his hair. "If you go after work please be careful." I said, leaning into him. "I will." Adam and Marissa walked in with smiles on their face. Marissa "ooh"d like a middle schooler seeing us together. I rolled my eyes, pulling away from him but he pulled me back, holding me tighter. Adam smiled at us. Greyson's hand slid down my back and grabbed my ass. "We should go." I said to Marissa, glaring at him. Adam kissed her. "I'll see you later." He smiled down at her. Meanwhile Greyson stood with a smirk on his face and winked at me.