Worth~(Daenerys Targaryen x Reader)

(A/N): Posted 9/1/19. No hate on Khal Drogo he's awesome and him and Daenerys together are so sweet, maybe with the exception of the beginning, but Daenerys is literally my queen.👏🏻

*Fluff/Mentions Of Smut*

~

You had married the new Khaleesi around one moon ago due to a betrothal arrangement arranged between Viserys Targaryen and the Dothraki Khal, Drogo. With (E/C) eyes, (S/C) skin, and (H/C) hair, you had been a seemingly good match with the infamous Targaryen girl, Daenerys, set to live alongside the Khal, not as a slave however, and raise his people in which you would soon call your own.

You had heard about her from the Khal, talking fondly about how you think she'd be, how she'd act, and how she'd look. You were not Dothraki by blood, however, only understanding bits and pieces of the Dothrakian language, like key phrases such as Khal, Khaleesi, arakh and Khalesar, but you were sent to their kingdom to lead alongside Daenerys.

You had no inclination that it was possible that two females could rule a kingdom alongside a male, but you knew the only reason behind the settlement was so Viserys Targaryen could have his part of the agreement.

The golden crown.

You loathed how he treated Daenerys. In the single moon you had spent together, she had slowly opened up about her previous treatment, and you vowed to protect and honor her any way, shape or form you possibly could.

And here you were, the Khal and the Khaleesi in front of you, along with the whole Dothrakian tribe cheering and yelling.

You were kneeling in front of them, Drogo's hand grasping a fresh piece of fruit, putting it between his white teeth and biting down. Juices ran through his heavily oiled beard, through the rings on his mustache, as his braid hung loosely behind him, running down his back.

In that moment, you had thought it near impossible to go an entire lifetime without cutting your hair.

Daenerys was seated beside him on red, silk pillows given to her as a wedding gift, her hands neatly folded in her lap. Her violet eyes looked up at you with worry and encouragement. She seemed the exact opposite to Drogo, physically and mentally.

You had remembered how Daenerys had gone through the exact same thing you were doing, eating a bloody horse heart, belonging to her brothers failed stallion. You had remembered how the other Dothraki shamed him because he could not ride, calling him the 'Wagon King'.

The Dothraki had said, 'A man who cannot ride, cannot rule.'

According to Dothraki logic, it was a symbol of honor to bestow the blood of an animal to signify bravery, and to also to fuel the child within the dragon daughter. Dany had the choice to bear a child by the Khal, so did you, but you had politely refused, denying an heir as you relished the thought of a new blood of the dragon being born alongside you and Dany.

Rhaego, your moon-of-your-life had decided to name her unborn child after her brother Rhaegar Targaryen, the last true dragon.

You remembered how Daenerys had eaten the bloody chunk of flesh whole without throwing up, the bloody heart of Viserys deceased steed ripping the skin raw on her fingertips as blood poured down her forearms and made separate puddles around her.

You were now in her place, the many Dothraki men and women standing in their individual circles, chanting their Dothraki mantras with you kneeling for all of them to see your triumph or your failure.

Despite the fact that you had not bared a child, Dany had wanted to prove to the people of her Khalesar that you were just as strong as her, and maybe, just maybe, stronger.