Protect~(Joffrey Baratheon x Reader)

(A/N): Requested by SoVYoo ! I hope you enjoy! I made a small reference:)

~

"Kill him! Kill him I say!" Joffrey shouted aggressively, banging a pale fist against his throne.

You were both out in the courtyard, the bright sun shining down on the knights fighting below. One was Lannister chosen to fight and one was from a far away house, looking nowhere near the Seven Kingdoms. The sounds of swords clashing and armor clanking echoed off of the marble walls of the Kings Landing's courtyard, along with the grunts of the few wounded soldiers that had been fighting just moments before for you and Joffrey's amusement.

They hunched over on the sidelines, some having their wounds fester, others being treated.

You spun your head over to their direction, seeing the many bleeding men unattended, left to die from their stabs and gashes around few days from now if they hadn't already died in battle. It had been a day of needless bloodshed.

Joffrey stood up, bringing a cupped hand to his pink lips, yelling. "Didn't you hear me? Fight to the death! Else I'll kill you both myself!" He shouted bitterly, frowning. Joffrey's Hound kept quiet and silent in the shade as he stood there, watching his King yell at the top of his lungs. Maidens joined him in the shade, trying to find some relief from the still summer heat.

Joff slouched back in his chair again before correcting his posture, eyeing the fight, holding his head up. Like the proper King he should be.

In your mind popped an image as you stared down at the swords cutting the air blankly.

You suddenly thought of Ice, the great longsword that belonged to Ned Stark before his brutal death. You sighed heavily, reminiscing of the true and fair man, thinking Ice should have been brought back to Winterfell by now. You were sure if you had been the one to say something, not some servant, then Joff would abide, but he hadn't spoken of it so far and you had yet to ask him.

You sat beside him, your (H/L), (H/C) hair done in a fancy hairstyle for the occasion. Joff had requested it for his Queen, saying 'I shall not have any queen of mine looking of a common harlet. Make her feel pretty!' He commanded with a clap of his hands as maidens scurried as quick as they could.

The bright, hot sun scorched the courtyard, along with anything under it, making you feel a little guilty for the knights down below. They must've smelt so bad. You, however, smelt of sweet perfumes, per Joff's request, as always. He liked you when you smelt of flowers and rose petals. You didn't blame him, the smell had slightly grown on you too, but maybe it had been the gardens. You enjoyed the peaceful nature strolls that Cersei would let you have from time to time.

You didn't have very many gardens where your house was. House (L/N). It was a ways away from Kings Landing.

Joffrey sat back down, resting his chin on the knuckle of his hand. He glowered down at the knights as they bashed their steel swords together, louder and quicker than before. Noises seemed more audible as you tuned back in.

One of them had curly, dirty blonde, short hair tucked under his metal helm, defined cheekbones with fair skin and blue-green eyes showing through the slit in his helm. He was well built, yet quite slim under his thick armors and leathers as a steel lion of Lannister had been embroidered into his breastplate. The hilt of his sword had a loin's head carved into it, valerian steel glinting in the hot sun. The Lion roared, its fangs shining as you figured his armor must've been too.

The other one had shaggy brown, shoulder length hair, deathly cream skin and hazel eyes. He wore no helm and only thick leathers of an opposing castle, the mascot of an unrecognizable house across his chest and stomach. The blacksmith must've been in a rush, you thought. His blade was made of common metals, not steel, but he fought as valiantly as his thick body could muster.