✖ c h a p t e r | 03 ✖

mia

"This place is sick." I said, looking around. Nash smiled and came up behind me, grabbing the bag I was clearly struggling with.

"Let's check in." He said, walking to the front desk. I smiled and followed after the guys.

"Where's Mahogany?" Taylor asked. I raised an eyebrow.

"Who's Mahogany?"

"She's a girl that comes to Magcon with us. She booked a flight out here, she'll be here in a few days." Jack J said.

"When does Magcon actually start?"

"Monday." I nodded, happy that we could have some free time for the rest of today and the weekend.

After we checked in, Nash showed me to my room and Cameron set a sleeping Sky down in my room. "Um, we were going to go penny boarding..." Nash said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

I realized I had to watch Sky. "Oh... Okay, yeah, no problem." I said with a nod.

"Are you sure?" He asked. I half smiled.

"It's what I'm paid for, Nash." Aaron shook his head.

"Actually, I'm pretty tired, I couldn't get much sleep on the bus. I'll stay with Sky, you can go with the boys." He said.

"You really don't have to do that."

"I want to, I'm not really up for penny boarding right now anyways."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

He grinned. "Mia, seriously, go have fun. I'm sure. I wouldn't have offered otherwise." I sighed.

"Thanks Aaron, I owe you one." I said. He winked and smiled.

"But you have to get out for a second, I need to get changed. I'll meet you guys in the lobby?" They all nodded and left as I searched for something to waer. I quickly picked out an outfit before throwing my long waves into a messy bun and grabbing my penny board, running down to the lobby. Nash looked over at me and smiled.

"Ready?" I nodded and grinned.

"Let's go!" The boys and I cheered, racing outside.

The pier wasn't far from the hotel, so we ran there, tripping each other and laughing the whole way there. It was strange, honestly. I had known these boys for all of six hours and I was already breaking out of my shell. I liked it, and I hoped it wouldn't come back to bite my ass.

"So, Mia, how good are you?" Johnson asked, referring to penny boarding. I smirked.

"Better than you." I said. He smirked as the other guys "oooo'd"

"Really?" He asked. I laughed and shook my head.

"No, I'm actually pretty sucky." I said. He laughed as I set my penny board down, placing my feet on it. As most of the guys engulfed themselves in their conversations, Johnson and Gilinsky came over to me with smiles.

"We decided to help you." Jack J said. I smiled sarcastically, rolling my eyes. I went to push him, but it backfired and I fell backwards. I didn't hit the ground, though, I fell into a pair of strong arms. I smiled shyly and stood up.

"Sorry Jack." I said, referring to Gilinsky. Johnson smirked.

"It's okay." He said, boarding away. I rolled my eyes and started skating next to Jack G. He looked over and smiled at me.

"Nash never mentioned how cute you were." He said with a wink. I laughed, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks as I grinned.

"Thank you." I said.