✖ c h a p t e r | 14 ✖

nash

I woke up, my eyes widening as I saw the white walls.

No.

"Nash?" Mia asked from my side, Skylynn and Hayes sitting next to her.

"Are you okay?" I asked her. She laughed gently.

"Am I okay? You're the one with a concussion. I walked out with a few bruises and scratches." She said. I shook my head quickly, my head throbbing.

"What about your foot?" I asked. She looked down confused, looking back at me with a small smile.

"My feet are doing just fine, thank you. You broke my fall, Nash."

"You almost died." I said, shaking my head. She smiled and ran a hand through my hair.

"Nash, you're delusional. Nobody almost died." She said.

No. No. No. No. No. It was real. It had to be.

I shook my head. "You just... You walked out of there okay?" I asked. She smiled.

"I'm fine Nash. Start worrying about yourself." I clenchd my jaw, feeling the need to scream.

It was a fucking dream. All of it was a fucking dream.

"Wheres everyone else?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"They had to get their planes to go home. You stayed overnight to make sure there wasn't any brain problems or anything."

"You're still in my shirt." I said with a small smile, looking at her. She blushed, looking down.

"I haven't left." She said. I smiled, sitting up slowly.

"Thanks, Mia. And I'm sorry about Matt, again." She shrugged.

mia

"And I'm sorry about Matt, again." He said. I shrugged. In all honesty, I had been pretty glad he was flirting with Kat. I mean, I definitely needed to figure out my feelings before I got into a relationship. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized liking Matt was out of impulse. I liked him as a friend.

"It's okay, Nash. Really, I don't even care that much."

nash

"It's okay, Nash. Really. I don't even care that much." God, I tried to hold back a smile when she said that. I tried so hard. Did that mean she wasn't really into him in the first place? "Thinking about it now, I don't think I think of him as anything more than a friend." She said.

Holy fuck, it was hard not to cheer. I nodded. "That's good." She smiled lightly.

"How do you feel?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Fine."

"Honestlly?" She asked, putting a hand on my arm. I smiled.

"Mia Jacobson, are you worried about me?" She blushed and pulled her hand away.

"No." I grinned as a nurse walked in.

"Nash, how are you feeling?" She asked. I nodded.

"Fine. I mean, my head hurts, but I'm fine." She smiled.

"Alright. Well you know the rules with a concussion. No sports, no running, nothing dangerous for about a week and a half." She said. I nodded as she smiled, handing a few Advils. I swallowed them quickly and stepped onto the floor. Mia grabbed my arm tightly, helping me stand up straight. The nurse smiled and waved as we left.