✖ c h a p t e r | 10 ✖

matt

I looked out of the pool, grinning at Mia, who was smiling at Nash. She had a beautiful, well, everything. Nash looked upset, but I didn't think Mia could see that he was hurt. Nash nodded slowly and gave her a smile, but it was clear that it was fake.

mia

"But I'm not one hundred percent sure, I just sort of like him." I told him honestly. I wasn't completely sure, because I still had some feelings for Nash. Of course, I couldn't really say anything about that to Nash.

"What do you mean you're not sure?" He asked.

"I mean, I've only known him for a few days. As far as I'm concerned, it's probably just a little crush. It'll probably go away."

"Hey love birds." Matt said, sitting down with us. I smiled and shook my head.

"What's up, bro?" Nash asked.

Matt smiled. "I got tired of swimming. Mia, can I talk to Nash for a second?" He asked. I bit my lip but nodded.

"Sure." I said with a smile, jumping into the pool.

nash

I smiled as Mia jumped into the pool in her bathing suit, tackling Johnson. He screamed and threw her on his shoulders as she laughed. Mahogany got on Gilinsky's shoulders and they began chicken fighting. I saw Gilinsky shoot a wink at Mia and I tried not to cringe. Why the hell was she so cute?

"Nash?" Matt asked. I snapped out of it.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry bro."

"What's up with you?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked him. He narrowed his eyes.

"Come on, Nash. Why do you seem upset?" I shook my head, suddenly angry.

"You know why." I told him.

He sighed, leaning back in his seat. "You've got feelings for Mia, right?" I looked away from Matt and to Mia, watching her laugh as Gilinsky picked her up. I sighed.

"Yeah."

He smiled. "And you're worried she doesn't like you?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Not really, I know she doesn't."

"No you don't."

"Seriously, bro, I know." I said, looking at him. He sighed as I shook my head, running my hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry." He said.

I shrugged, deciding there wasn't much I could do about it. "It's- whatever."

matt

Damn it. Of course Nash liked her, how could you not? I liked her too, but there wasn't much I could do about it now. I mean, it'd be different if she liked me- then it wouldn't be so bad. But the way she looks at Nash- it's like they've known each other for a long time.

Mia ran out of the pool, her long hair swinging behind her back. She grinned at us. "Not that I'm not for this bromance or whatever, but get your asses in the pool." She said. Nash and I laughed, remaining seated. She groaned and grabbed Nash first, locking eyes with him and smiling.

"Nash." She groaned. "You're so heavy." He laughed.

"That's what happens when you've got muscles, princess." She laughed and tried to hide her smile, finally pulling him up. She pointed to the pool.

"In." She ordered. He smirked and crossed his arms, standing his ground.

"Nash!" She whined. I laughed as he glared at me.