ii

"Wake the bitch up." A bellowing voice commanded as a bucket of ice water hits me.

Out of shock I begin to scream, but a rough hand goes over my mouth and muffles any noise I could make.

"If you try to scream when I remove my hand, I will cut out your tongue and make sure you can't even speak." I look up blurrily at a man who is slightly balding in a green track suit and pompous gold jewelry.

I nod my head to show that I understood. But before I had any chance to make a peep, duck tape was placed firmly over my soft lips. That'll hurt later.

Everything is coming to senses and it's clear I'm in a holding room. I observe my surroundings. Two men sit in front of me in wooden chairs that barely support them, they hold what seems to be dewey beer bottles and carry on a light conversation in what seems to be either Russian or Ukrainian. I try to act as groggily as possible when I survey what's around me.

I feel a stinging pain around both of my wrists, they were together tightly in handcuffs. So tight, my hands looked as if blood flow had been cut off. I had been handcuffed to the frame of a steel bed that had been bolted to the floor. My the floor is disgusting.

I noticed stains on the floor- which led me to believe it was blood from a previous victim who didn't keep his mouth shut.

"Alright so here's what's gonna happen," the same bellowing voice called out to me.

"What's your name?" I plead with him, wiping my eyes sleepily.

"Doesn't matter. Anyway, you were specifically requested by the boss. We knew you had connections with Benji and figured if he just so happened to seem like he overdosed, we could get you." He waves his hands around like how an average New Yorker would speak, but this man was no average New Yorker. He was a murderer.

He goes on to explain what I'm going to do for his "boss."

"You're one of the most beautiful girls out in New York,"

"As if I hadn't heard THAT before," I interject rolling my eyes.

The man sitting next to the bellowing man got up and slapped me across the face.

"If you don't shut up, you're going to lose your tongue!" The second yelled at me, and slapped me a second time.

My face feeling puffed and swollen, I hang my head. Tears silently stream down. I always got in trouble for my mouth.

Both of my arms were grabbed, one held down to my belly and the other was straightened out firmly.

"Hey what are you-" I watched as the man who slapped goes to stick me with a needle.

I scramble, trying to get out of it. The needle painfully pierces my skin.

*if you have an available audio player such a spotify, apple music, etc. begin playing "Sucker for Pain" by Imagine Dragons as you read through the rest of the chapter, it sets the mood*

*about two hours later

"She'll be on first, get her ready."

My arm had been so sore from being stuck with the painful needle.

Great, I was knocked out again except this time with drugs.

I felt a cold rush, they must've given me something addictive because I found myself rubbing where the needle had gone. How many fixes had I already had? I look down and found myself in a skimpy, gold sequined bralette and a see through skirt.

"You're going to dance for them," A woman puffed out smoke as she spoke to me with her thick Russian accent. "I'm on my break, they'll give you money and you have to save it for the boss. If you pocket any of it, you're dead to everyone. Start putting on some makeup."

I turn around and see a vanity that looked as if it came from Hollywood, the big warm light bulbs light up the whole room. How did all of this happen so fast?

I finish my makeup and then a man in a suit comes in. He motions me to walk to him, being the stubborn girl that I am I stay planted. He motions again. I don't move.

"Fucking go!" The smoking girl screams, as she grabs a vase and throws it at me. I duck and slightly miss flying shards of the vase.

I follow the man out into a well lit room, but was met with window. The room on the other side was pitch black, then suddenly a rainbow of multiple vibrant colors begins shining all over what seemed to be a club. The man takes off my handcuffs and leaves me in the contained box.

I'm supposed to strip, but I stand there. Judging everyone who walks past, and then a group of men come to my corner. I roll my eyes and sit down. The one in the raises his index finger towards the dim ceiling and guards rush over. Although I can't read lips, it looks as if he's asking for another girl.

Excitedly I jump up and turns towards the door, finally I can leave and go back to where I was.

Two men come in and hold me down. I struggle to fight against their combined strength as I squirm on the tiled floor. Out of nowhere, a swift lanky figure pulls both men off of me. I sit up, dazed and confused.

The tall figure moves swiftly and knocks both men out. It was a man, with jet black chin length hair and a coarse stubbly beard. He wore all black, a crisp suit. He holds out a rough hand to me, signaling for me to come with him.

Should I? Can I trust him?

****
Hiiii everyone!! Just an author's note, I hope you enjoy this chapter! I have finally introduced John and I hope that you enjoy the rest of the chapters to come!! Thanks for the support, it's much appreciated.