iii

"Do you want to stay or leave?" The tall man still had out his calloused right hand to me as I sat on the cold tile floor.

I grab his hand and he helps me up.

"Stand behind me." He instructed and I begin to follow him into the darkness.

We venture through many halls. Who is this guy? He seemed to have an endless amount of magazines on his belt and held to his Glock.

"Why are you-"

He holds his hand up and we freeze in our tracks. I drop the golden sequined skirt and tug at his elbow.

"Can you just save all your comments and questions until I get you to the car?" His back stayed facing me. I observed that his muscular back was noticeable through the black suit coat, his broad shoulders heaving as he drew each breath.

He started moving forward before suddenly one of the tracksuit men had lunged towards him with a knife. The lanky man began going to work at the tracksuit man, seeming that with every move he was growing tired.

Two arms wrap around my skinny waist and I start to be carried away. Out of reflex, I begin kicking and screaming, and that's when the mystery man noticed I was being carried away. He breaks the other man's arm and shoots the man point-blank in the head. He then turns and shoots the man carrying me. The gunshot ringing in my head causes shock and I start to freak out.

I run to the mystery man crying and he holds me.

"Shh. It's going to be okay, I'll explain everything in the car." He reassures me and we made our way outside.

Outside it was drizzling hot rain. A vehicle was parked next to the sidewalk. A sleek black Bugatti awaited us. The man helped me in and he ignited the roaring engine.

"Ok ok who the fuck are you? Why are you helping me? Where did you-" I hyperventilate as I speak, asking a series of questions.

He waits patiently as he drives me off from the horrid strip club.

"You don't know me, but my name is John Wick," He calmly states while the Bugatti purrs. "I'll explain the rest to you when we reach our destination, I don't want you to be freaked out any more than you already are. You're in shock."

The entire time he talked to me, his voice was calm and patient.

After about 45 minutes we reach a house found in solitude. It wasn't in the suburbs, but it wasn't in an extremely rural area either. The outside of the house was tidy. Flower beds were kept, no weeds peeked through the dark mulch. The outside was charcoal grey, and the house was a matte black.

"Whose house is this?" I climb out of the low car and shut the door. Beginning to feel the crisp cool air around me, I start shivering.

"It's mine." He answers respectfully and makes his way to the front door.

"We're staying here for the night and then I'm moving you elsewhere tomorrow." He gestures for me to come to the door. I slowly make my way and enter into a warm hug from the heat in the house.

All lights were off and he led me down the hall. I didn't know where I would be sleeping, but I wasn't very trustworthy to him either. I kept a 10 foot distance and followed.

As we walked down a long hall, he cautioned me of the steps leading the next floor of the tidy home.

"This is my room, you can sleep in my bed. I'll sleep on the couch downstairs so I won't disturb you, I know you've had a rough couple of days." He gently smiles and breaks eye contact. Wow this guy is cute, despite the assassin part which lowkey freaks me out.

"Wait- what about sleepwear?" I catch him as he closes the door. He scrunches his eyebrows thoughtfully and walks over to his oak wood dress. He pulls out a t-shirt which would fully drape me if I wore it.

"Are you okay wearing a T-shirt to sleep?" He holds it out questioning me.

I nod and take the shirt. My hand slightly touches his and he begins to back away. He had calloused palms, but soft hands.

"Well, I'll see you in the morning. Catch some sleep." He avoids eye contact and makes his way out.

I called out to him and bade him a good night. He silently closes the door.

Who is the man in black?

Hiiii! I hope you're enjoying this story so far. Sorry I didn't get to update it, I was in D.C. for a week attending a conference.