Chapter 4

Flashback

Crystal sat on Wad's bed, this was the second time she visits him and he finally allowed her in his room. Her hair was in a bun since it's a really hot day. Wad was downstairs, getting some drinks.
They've known each other for about 3 months now, Wad was still tight lipped about his previous school. It was like he has no emotions.
She fell on the bed and sighed, Wad, are you even capable of human emotion? You're never angry, sad, nothing.
She spread her arms when her left hands fell on a phone. She got up and looked at it closely. The phone was not locked, it actually opened a photo. There were two men in it, one is a man with a big smile, a black cap and yellow polo shirt, and the other one is Wad with a huge laugh on his face. Their arms on each other's shoulder, they looked happy.
Suddenly the phone was grabbed by Wad, "Please, don't touch my phone."
She shook her head, tried to apologize "Sorry. No, I was just lying on the bed and my hand hit your phone."
Wad put his phone on his desk where his computer is, "Okay."
Crystal smiled, she started to talk about how cute Taw and Nui are, about her part time job, about Summer, when she returned to the photo in his phone. "So, are you ever gonna tell me who he is?"
Wad covered his face with his hand, "I knew you'd return to that again, damn!"
Crystal grinned, she knew she's pretty, she's a mix of Thai-Japan. Her mum was beautiful, right up until the day she passed away, she was the most beautiful woman she had ever known. So when she flirted with Wad and received nothing, she knew it could only be 1) he's gay, 2) he's got a girlfriend already or 3) both gay and taken.
"You know I'm not gonna stop until you tell me", she smirked.
Wad sighed and laid down on the floor, he stared at the ceiling. "He was my senior from my previous uni. We didn't get on at first try."
Closing his eyes, he tried to remember his time with Prem. "He's a jerk, he yelled at me so many times but he's actually a good guy once you get to know him. He saved me once."
Crystal slid on the floor, sat next to Wad. Her hand was playing with his hair, "Save you how?"
"Some sore losers from another faculty ganged up on me. I tried to fight back but they were too many, he came and helped."
"So...you both lick each other's wounds?" Crystal had her devil smile up her face before giggling like a teenage girl.
Wad's face was as red as a beetroot, "NO!"
"Ugh, boring Wad," she sighed before both of them laughing, Crystal smiled, "Don't you miss him? Aren't you Line-ing each other?"
He shook his head, "Something happened, I deleted my previous Line. We're not supposed to see each other again but ..."
"But you actually miss him, right?" Crystal sipped her ice tea, "Why don't you visit him?"
Wad got up, he sat in front of her. "I wish it was that simple."
She saw the sadness on his face, she feared that he'd disappear so Crystal hugged him tight, "We never know what tomorrow bring for us, you have to believe that."
I know, wish it was that easy. But I know that when we meet again, I will follow my feeling. "Thanks gal, you just made my day", Wad smiled, he felt a tinge of hope in his heart.

Flashback end

Wad waid his professor before leaving the office, he gave a thumb up to his friends. They just received an okay for their end of semester project. They all cheered, this project meant a lot to them because if it's good, like really good, it could be screened at the University's end of year festival. Not many short films from their year were chosen each year, only 2-3 and so far 1 already picked.
"So when are we doing it?" Jun handed Wad his drink, "I need to prepare the properties needed."
Taw hit his friend's head with a roll of paper, "Wait for Ai'Wad explains the result".
Summer stopped the two from bickering, she plopped a lollipop into their mouths. "Go ahead, Wad".
Nui intertwined his fingers with his boyfriend to help in calming him down, Wad took this opportunity to explain the result of his meeting with their professor. Fifteen minutes later, they were bickering again concerning the properties, actors, and budget. Summer and Wad walked away because they were hungry, "You're not gonna stop them?"
"What for? They'll just bicker louder, leave 'em. If Nui knew what's good for him, he'll join us," Wad grinned, he tied his hair into a bun while standing in line for his lunch. Few minutes later, Nui joined them.
"They're still doing it."
"Ice latte?" the other man handed over a glass of drink, "Crystal orders food for us already, just wait for her."
Nui was a young man with really white skin, bordering pale, his baby face got him a lot of attention, both from boys and girls. "Do you have any idea on who you will pick for the actors?"
"You?"
Nui pouted when he said no, he prefer to help in preparing the wardrobe and assisting Wad as the director. "Why not Crystal?"
"Unless Summer has the guts to co-star with her, I'm not gonna put Crystal's name as the actor," the man waved at Summer who was standing with three plates of food in the middle of the canteen.
His friend smiled at the thrown fact, "Thanks Summer, I'm starving."
"You're always starving", Wad and Summer talked at the same time, Nui was about to counter when his boyfriend showed up followed by their other friends.
Jun tried to steal food from Wad's plate, "Have you finished the story?"
"Give me 5 days, I'll give it to you, then you decide what changes we should make, the budget, and who better play the characters", as the director as well as scriptwriter, Wad explained his process. His friends agreed on it easily, they continued their lunch before going to their class.