THIRTEEN

I was feeling light-headed. The screams were muffled and all I could hear was the beating of my heart. My breathing was so fast that I felt like I couldn't breathe. I didn't know what was happening to me. Then, I collapsed on the ground. Everything turned blurry.

And then, darkness.

-

It was dark. I couldn't see anything. I could move my eyes under my eyelid but not any part of my body. I could hear beeping. I could smell the scent of a hospital. I was in a hospital? Is this a dream?

I could breathe. Everything was normal except for every part of my body which were unable to move. At all. I heard footsteps. Why do they sound so familiar? Like I hear them everyday. Like they come and visit me everyday.

"Harry." I heard someone say, firmly. Taylor? What was she doing here?

It felt so real. Like this happened before. Was this like what happened in that day with Louis? Was she going to apologise to me? But her voice sounded so stern, like she was going to tell me something serious.

I heard the rustling of a bouquet of flowers. Then, the creaking of the chair. She was sitting down. I felt someone touch my hand.

"Harry, I know you can hear me. I would love to stay and talk. But I was only given this much time to tell you as much as you need to know."

What? What does she mean?

"Listen, this is a figment of your past. You may not remember this because you were unconcious this whole time. Rachel, my ex's ex-girlfriend, made you like this. It's a long story that I would love to stay and tell but I have only a minute more."

"I'm sorry I can't be there today, to be with you, Camila, Natalie and Kenneth. But I have been watching over you. Ever since you were reborn. Tonight, please do not be frightened if you see any actual figures in the corridors. Or when they attack you. Do you remember Forgotten? There are actual angels, fallen angels, devils and everything."

What?!

"And I'm one. I'm an angel. Kenneth, he's---"

I heard someone bust the door open. I panicked.

"I have a few more seconds!" Taylor yelled.

Her hand left mine. It felt so cold and empty, like I needed her hand there. I heard the chair fall to the ground and muffled shouting.

"HARRY!"

I immediately sat up, drenched with sweat. My chest moving up and down from breathing too fast.

"Harry," Louis said. I realised I was back in the dorm room. Camila was sitting at the table, phone in her hand. Natalie was on Louis' bed, holding a book. All eyes were on me when Louis said my name.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked, concerned. She rolled her chair over so she was in front of me. I ran my hand through my hair which was wet. I stared at Camila for a while before nodding.

"Are you sure? You are sweating," Louis looked me up and down. "Like a lot."

"I... I dreamt of Taylor and---"

Camila rolled her eyes. Natalie raised an eyebrow. Louis laughed. "Seriously? Are you going to tell us about this dream about your dream girl and you?"

"No, it's not that. It's different."

"How different?" This time, Louis didn't look like he was going to be joking around.

I told them what Taylor said in the dream. I noticed Natalie's expression turn sour.

"Er... I have to go," she stuttered.

"Why?" Camila, Louis and I asked in unison. I frowned, awaiting for her answer which didn't seem like it was going to come out as a truth.

"I... er... got to... er... pee...?" She bit her lip.

"We have a bathroom here," I said. "What's going on, Nat? Are you a part of this... this thing?"

"No...?" She gave us a nervous laugh. "I really need to go."

Louis got up and walked towards the doorm He stood in front of it so Natalie had no chance of escaping. "No, you aren't."

"Can you please tell me why Taylor said whatever she said?"

"I DON'T KNOW, OKAY?" she shouted.

We were all in shock. Camila then got up and walked towards her.

"Natalie... Please..." Camila begged.

"I can't, Cam. I really can't."

"For my sake," Camila pleaded.

"I really can't. Please don't make me... I don't want to die." Natalie was starting to cry. I could tell by how her eyes were sparkling in the light. She faced me. I saw her eyes turned like the grey I saw in Kenneth's eyes today. A tear rolled down her cheek.

"Is Kenneth like you?" I asked, hoping she could answer just this one question.

"Yes." Her eyes glowed brighter. "Yes, he is."

Suddenly, someone was knocking on the door incessantly. I nearly jumped on my bed in fright.

"Who is it?" Louis asked loudly.

The person kept knocking. Louis glanced at me nervously. "Do I...?"

I nodded slowly. Louis' hand was on the doorknob and he slowly turned it. It started squeaking and when it opened, Kenneth was standing outside.

He did not look happy.

-

vote.comment.follow

Instagram:
@fairytal.e

Twitter:
@unnxticed