TWENTY TWO

Taylor's POV

It felt odd. Aren't angels immortals? Why do I feel the lack of air in my lungs? Why do I feel weak? Why do I feel like I'm dying?

Everything was dark. I found myself standing in the spotlight, with a white dress. So this is what happens after you die. You wear a white dress and stand in the middle of nowhere.

"You are not dead, Taylor," I heard our head angel said.

"But... Why am I not in reality?"

"Natalie had saved you. She trapped Rylie in the demon souls trapping jar."

Oh, that simple jar...

"It's not simple if it saved you."

"Why am I here? You haven't answer my question."

"Like you have said, angels are indeed immortals but the thing is, this time you can't go back to being a mortal. You are now back being an angel."

"That means I can't be with Harry anymore?"

"Not technically. Your soul would linger for a few days before you return back to the heavenly realm. Please do use the time wisely."

"But... Does that mean I have to loan a body from someone?"

"Yes... However, if you would prefer your own body, I could let you go back into it but it might hurt a little because of the wounds you had gotten from Rylie."

"I'm sure I can handle a little pain."

Instantaneously, my eyes burst open as I took a deep breath. Harry's head was lifted immediately. "Taylor..."

I smiled gently. I felt the pain in my right arm as I tried to push myself into a sitting position. Harry helped me up by propping a pillow up so I could lean on it.

"Are you feeling okay?" He was wearing the same clothes from when he was being kidnapped.

"Yeah." I kept looking into his green eyes. How I missed them and the way they sparkle. I moved closer so our lips brushed against each other's.

"I miss you so much..." I leaned my forehead on his, my left arm hung over his shoulder.

He laughed. "I know. You said that when you woke up after I knocked you unconcious." His lips met mine. It felt like it had been so long since I have ever been in contact with his lips.

Then, I remembered a kiss Kenneth and I shared because of me panicking. Kenneth...

I pushed Harry back. "Kenneth. Is he okay?" Harry stared at me blankly for a while, then looked down at his feet.

"Kenneth... He..."

"Is he okay?" This time, my tone sounded urgent. I didn't want my close friend to die. He didn't deserve it. All he tried to do was save me.

"He... He didn't make it..." Harry mumbled, loud enough for me to hear. Kenneth... He can't be dead...

"Call Professor Smith," I said firmly.

"Why?"

"Just call him."

"Okay..." He took out his phone and dialled his number. He put him on speaker. I waited impatiently as the phone rang.

"Yes, Harry?"

"Professor Smith, is Kenneth's soul still here,"--I took a deep breath--"Or is he really gone?"

There was a pause. I shut my eyes, trying to stop my tears from escaping my eyes. I was expecting the worse.

"I'm so sorry, Taylor..." was Professor Smith said.

I shook my head and pushed the phone away from me. I buried my face in my hands, finally letting it all out. I left Harry to end the call with Professor Smith. I felt his arms wrap around me. "I'm so sorry..."

"All he did was save me from being killed by Rylie. He didn't deserve all this. He didn't deserve to die, Harry..."

"I know, I know... But hey, you still have me, right?"

I looked up and glanced into his eyes. I managed a small smile. He gave me a hug.

I'm never going to lose you again.

-

what can i say... sighhh

well this is the end of the story.

i'm going to go find some other storyline to write a haylor fanfic on or you guys can suggest something in the comments.

it's been a wonderful journey through this whole story. i love you guys so much and thank you so much for the comments and votes that always make my day ♡

vote.comment.follow

Instagram:
@wcndrland

Twitter:
@unnxticed